84 Vette z51 option?

Old January 5th 07, 10:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
fweddybear

Default 84 Vette z51 option?

"Bob G." > wrote in message

>>> Cars are made to enjoy and give pleasure to their owners.
>>> Tastes change people buy and sell what was their love
>>> yesterday (except for BobG) for today's love.
>>> If 84 turns the guy on, so be it.
>>> Buy it , drive it and enjoy
>>> There's a car, or 2, out there for everybody.
>>>
>>> kickstart

> I'll have you know that I sold my 68 SS 396 Chevelle last April ...so
> I do ocassionally sell a car....
>
> Some "dumb" kid offered me more then it was worth... plus with the 15
> gallon fuel cell in the back it could only travel 50 miles MAX on a
> full tank of gas... (it was by no means "stock")
>
> Personally I lOVE the Z51 option.... would not want a Vette without
> it.. and if I could find a real nice 84 (especially if it had a set of
> original Tires (more collectable then the car btw) I would have it
> parked in my garage in a heart beat...
>
> Bob G.

How much are you looking to spend on one with original tires, Z51, two
tone paint, 4 plus 3....about 22,000 miles....roughly...

Fwed

Old January 5th 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JOHN D

I looked at it today. Red inside and out. Looks like new from 20ft away. To
my unqualified eye it looks like everything is original. Leather seats are
warn but not torn up. Door panals are also warn. Radio speakers are bad. Has
the crossfire FI. Starts and runs great. Idle seems a little fast 900rpm?
You get a little lurch when putting it in gear. The ride was about what I
would expect for such a car. Windows work, antenna works, electronic dash
works, headlights work, easy to drive, great road visibility all directions.
Wife likes it. It's gonna be hard to talk myself out of buying it.

Old January 6th 07, 03:50 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"JOHN D" > wrote in message
newsIAnh.39$1h.8@trndny09...

> I looked at it today. Red inside and out. Looks like new
> from 20ft away. To
> my unqualified eye it looks like everything is original.
> Leather seats are
> warn but not torn up. Door panals are also warn. Radio
> speakers are bad. Has
> the crossfire FI. Starts and runs great. Idle seems a
> little fast 900rpm?
> You get a little lurch when putting it in gear. The ride
> was about what I
> would expect for such a car. Windows work, antenna works,
> electronic dash
> works, headlights work, easy to drive, great road
> visibility all directions.
> Wife likes it. It's gonna be hard to talk myself out of
> buying it.

sounds about normal for a daily driver..
whatever your decision ?
g'luck and enjoy....

sounds like the powers to be has already spoken :-)
my2¢
--
"Key"
========

Old January 6th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

JOHN D wrote:
> I looked at it today. Red inside and out. Looks like new from 20ft away. To
> my unqualified eye it looks like everything is original. Leather seats are
> warn but not torn up. Door panals are also warn. Radio speakers are bad. Has
> the crossfire FI. Starts and runs great. Idle seems a little fast 900rpm?
> You get a little lurch when putting it in gear. The ride was about what I
> would expect for such a car. Windows work, antenna works, electronic dash
> works, headlights work, easy to drive, great road visibility all directions.
> Wife likes it. It's gonna be hard to talk myself out of buying it.

Just do it. You'll be driving what, to the best of my knowledge, was
the first American production car with the capability of sustaining one
lateral g.

--
PJ
Old January 6th 07, 10:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
X-Eliminator

You can identify it by the RPO code under the arm rest. Someone will
have to tell you what it is because I don't own an '84.

I got a 1990 Z51 and it's positively teeth chattering and I will never
be able to make the roof squeaks go away, but it rocks.

Old January 6th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JOHN D

"JOHN D" > wrote in message
newsIAnh.39$1h.8@trndny09...

> I bought it. Now I gotta study the FI to figure out that fast idle. I have

a Chiltons FI manual thats confusing but seems to cover it.
There is one dead door speaker but the overall sound is lacking bass. Is
that the way these Bose systems sound? I don't expect bass you can hear a
block away, but I would hope it would sound as good as a standard Delco
radio.
Worst looking thing is the door panels. The edges of the carpet and the
plastic have separated where they meet and curled up, a little, but it's
really visable.

-"one" to reply

Old January 7th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Michael L. Squires

In article >,

>I got a 1990 Z51 and it's positively teeth chattering and I will never
>be able to make the roof squeaks go away, but it rocks.

The adjustable shock option (FX3?) solves this.

Mike Squires
90 Z51 (FX3) bought new
Old January 7th 07, 01:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Michael L. Squires" > wrote in message
m...
> In article >,
>>
>>I got a 1990 Z51 and it's positively teeth chattering and I will never
>>be able to make the roof squeaks go away, but it rocks.
>>

> The adjustable shock option (FX3?) solves this.
>
> Mike Squires
> 90 Z51 (FX3) bought new

I learn something every day, didn't think you could get both Z51 and FX3 since
the FX3 has different shocks. My '92 had the FX3 as they didn't offer Z51 that
year and didn't come back until '96 as far as I know. Personally I didn't think
the FX3 brought much to the table so I've had Z51 every since.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old January 7th 07, 09:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart[_1_]

"JOHN D" > wrote in message

>> I bought it

http://www.vbandp.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=5
one to the places you may want to check out, for suspension upgrades
http://www.ecklers.com/
Another for interior

kickstart

Old January 7th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
X-Eliminator

Bose is junk (old technology), and expensive to properly diagnose &
fix. If you are reading a Chiltons, you really need to buy a factory
service manual instead.