TECH: chevy cube van G30 headlights dont work

Old August 26th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default TECH: chevy cube van G30 headlights dont work

when i turn the lights on , only the taillights and lights on top of
the cube work. the headlights do not. i tried new bulbs, still do not
work. i measured power out at the lights, no power there.
i dont see a fuse in the fuse box that is for headlights. flashers,
blinkers and all else do work.
what else?
thx

Old August 26th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

its a 1981 by the way.
they did work, i went to work, they worked fine. then, after work i
get in the cube van, start it, turn on the lights .and...no
headlights.
went from working to non working in 5 hours.......

Old August 26th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
MasterBlaster

Default chevy cube van G30 headlights dont work

> wrote
> when i turn the lights on , only the taillights and lights on top of
> the cube work. the headlights do not. i tried new bulbs, still do not
> work. i measured power out at the lights, no power there.
> i dont see a fuse in the fuse box that is for headlights. flashers,
> blinkers and all else do work.
> what else?

Usually the headlight switch has a "breaker" built into it that cuts off the
power if there's an overload or short, but it usually resets automatically
after a few seconds, resulting in the lights blinking on and off repeatedly.
I'd get the wiring diagram for your particular van (you didn't say what year),
pull and unplug the main light switch, and test for incoming power at the plug.
If there's power, I'd try jumping the appropriate terminals in the plug to see if
the lights come on. If they do, you need a new switch. If there is power, and
jumping doesn't help, I'd check the dimmer switch and the general wiring for
breaks or bad connectors/grounds. If there isn't any power at the headlight
plug, next up would be the fusible links (on the starter terminal?), and the
wiring from there up to the switch.

engine doesnt turn over - headlights work, turn signals dont xekushion Dodge 2 February 21st 07 04:35 AM
windows dont work cabecas VW water cooled 6 June 4th 06 06:39 PM
my vtec dont work fishgut Honda 11 April 29th 06 07:52 AM
brake lights dont work chefj BMW 4 October 11th 05 11:05 AM
96 saturn sl1 wipers dont work Wwj2110 Saturn 0 January 17th 05 05:14 PM