c6 interior question

Old September 18th 16, 03:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ralphee

Default c6 interior question

Hello. I went to look at a friends corvette, he is selling.. i have had a 76, 93, 96, 00, 01.. at various times.
The one i saw today is a dark red 06 convertible. he is not sure of the package. ie. 1lt, 2lt. my question is about the seat.

I had black trim and i think a dark brown kind of fabric insert. I never remember seeing seats that were not leather.

Can someone help me and let me know if this is the standard seat, an option or custom.

regarding the options.. it was evening. but it had heated seats and heads up display. I can not really remark about anything else. .i went to test drive it.

Btw. when i sold my last corvette, an 01 red, i purchased a used Cadillac xlr. it was a big small for me, but most of all very boring. I sold it and took a bath. I was told that car was build on the c6 chassis.. I can see that. They were very similar. Naturally in the vette, you sit lower, i have the stick shift and I think about 80 more horsepower, so naturally it brings back the fun.

I think my favorite car was the 96 lt4 glass top as far as fun to drive, and the c5 was the most comfortable. The c6 seems somewhere in between. A bit tighter then the c6 and more comfortable then the c4. I actually prefer the c5 to the c6, but mostly due to seat size. .. seats are much better in the c6, just smaller cockpit.

Please if you can help me figure out the seat options and possibly the car options, would be appreciated.

The car has 13,000 miles and I can get it for $24,000, which i think is great.
Old September 18th 16, 03:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:10:53 PM UTC-4, ralphee wrote:
> Hello. I went to look at a friends corvette, he is selling.. i have had a 76, 93, 96, 00, 01.. at various times.
> The one i saw today is a dark red 06 convertible. he is not sure of the package. ie. 1lt, 2lt. my question is about the seat.
>
> I had black trim and i think a dark brown kind of fabric insert. I never remember seeing seats that were not leather.
>
> Can someone help me and let me know if this is the standard seat, an option or custom.
>
> regarding the options.. it was evening. but it had heated seats and heads up display. I can not really remark about anything else. .i went to test drive it.
>
> Btw. when i sold my last corvette, an 01 red, i purchased a used Cadillac xlr. it was a big small for me, but most of all very boring. I sold it and took a bath. I was told that car was build on the c6 chassis.. I can see that. They were very similar. Naturally in the vette, you sit lower, i have the stick shift and I think about 80 more horsepower, so naturally it brings back the fun.
>
> I think my favorite car was the 96 lt4 glass top as far as fun to drive, and the c5 was the most comfortable. The c6 seems somewhere in between. A bit tighter then the c6 and more comfortable then the c4. I actually prefer the c5 to the c6, but mostly due to seat size. .. seats are much better in the c6, just smaller cockpit.
>
> Please if you can help me figure out the seat options and possibly the car options, would be appreciated.
>
> The car has 13,000 miles and I can get it for $24,000, which i think is great.

I'm 6'4 and have had a 67 and 74 ... both of which had terrible seats that were unbearable after about four hrs on the road. The 92 was a major improvement .. seats good ... comfortable. My C5 convertible has better seats and more room ... I drove from VA to FL in a single day. Like sitting in a recliner at home. I have never liked the shortened back, fixed headlights, or trunk space in the C6. I went off to my Chevy dealer to buy the C7. Small trunk (convert) and knees hit the dash ... I have 4" between my knees and the dash on the C5. I would forget $24,000 (sounds high) and get a 2005 C5

Bob Drake C5 Virginia
Old September 18th 16, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:04:24 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:10:53 PM UTC-4, ralphee wrote:
> > Hello. I went to look at a friends corvette, he is selling.. i have had a 76, 93, 96, 00, 01.. at various times.
> > The one i saw today is a dark red 06 convertible. he is not sure of the package. ie. 1lt, 2lt. my question is about the seat.
> >
> > I had black trim and i think a dark brown kind of fabric insert. I never remember seeing seats that were not leather.
> >
> > Can someone help me and let me know if this is the standard seat, an option or custom.
> >
> > regarding the options.. it was evening. but it had heated seats and heads up display. I can not really remark about anything else. .i went to test drive it.
> >
> > Btw. when i sold my last corvette, an 01 red, i purchased a used Cadillac xlr. it was a big small for me, but most of all very boring. I sold it and took a bath. I was told that car was build on the c6 chassis.. I can see that. They were very similar. Naturally in the vette, you sit lower, i have the stick shift and I think about 80 more horsepower, so naturally it brings back the fun.
> >
> > I think my favorite car was the 96 lt4 glass top as far as fun to drive, and the c5 was the most comfortable. The c6 seems somewhere in between. A bit tighter then the c6 and more comfortable then the c4. I actually prefer the c5 to the c6, but mostly due to seat size. .. seats are much better in the c6, just smaller cockpit.
> >
> > Please if you can help me figure out the seat options and possibly the car options, would be appreciated.
> >
> > The car has 13,000 miles and I can get it for $24,000, which i think is great.

> I'm 6'4 and have had a 67 and 74 ... both of which had terrible seats that were unbearable after about four hrs on the road. The 92 was a major improvement .. seats good ... comfortable. My C5 convertible has better seats and more room ... I drove from VA to FL in a single day. Like sitting in a recliner at home. I have never liked the shortened back, fixed headlights, or trunk space in the C6. I went off to my Chevy dealer to buy the C7. Small trunk (convert) and knees hit the dash ... I have 4" between my knees and the dash on the C5. I would forget $24,000 (sounds high) and get a 2005 C5
>
> Bob Drake C5 Virginia

I have a 2000 C5, 62,000 miles. Two problems: 1) headlights erratic ... fixed under warranty and 2) recently turn signals quit working. They operate off of contact point in the hazard warning light switch. Replacing that switch is $50 + labor (console, ac, radio, all come out ... guessing a 3-4 hr job. A guy on Corvette Forum said he drilled a small hole in the switch (enough to allow the nozzle of an electronic cleaner (tuner cleaner) to go throough. Give it a couple of sprays and work the hazard lights a few times. The fix is holding after a month ... we'll see
Old September 19th 16, 12:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ralphee

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:10:53 PM UTC-4, ralphee wrote:
> Hello. I went to look at a friends corvette, he is selling.. i have had a 76, 93, 96, 00, 01.. at various times.
> The one i saw today is a dark red 06 convertible. he is not sure of the package. ie. 1lt, 2lt. my question is about the seat.
>
> I had black trim and i think a dark brown kind of fabric insert. I never remember seeing seats that were not leather.
>
> Can someone help me and let me know if this is the standard seat, an option or custom.
>
> regarding the options.. it was evening. but it had heated seats and heads up display. I can not really remark about anything else. .i went to test drive it.
>
> Btw. when i sold my last corvette, an 01 red, i purchased a used Cadillac xlr. it was a big small for me, but most of all very boring. I sold it and took a bath. I was told that car was build on the c6 chassis.. I can see that. They were very similar. Naturally in the vette, you sit lower, i have the stick shift and I think about 80 more horsepower, so naturally it brings back the fun.
>
> I think my favorite car was the 96 lt4 glass top as far as fun to drive, and the c5 was the most comfortable. The c6 seems somewhere in between. A bit tighter then the c6 and more comfortable then the c4. I actually prefer the c5 to the c6, but mostly due to seat size. .. seats are much better in the c6, just smaller cockpit.
>
> Please if you can help me figure out the seat options and possibly the car options, would be appreciated.
>
> The car has 13,000 miles and I can get it for $24,000, which i think is great.

I wanted to know if the 2006 c6 came with cloth inserts.. anyway, i checked the carfax.. total loss in 2012. and rebuilt.. explains the seats. and i am not purchasing it.
the other option is a 2002 blue convert. with 25,000 miles. for $19,000 to $20k form dealer.

I had a c5 and i think it fits me better then the c6.