NY Times on Sim Racing

Old March 4th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Zed

Default NY Times on Sim Racing

I thought we all might like to read this article. It even mentions
Papy's N2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/sp...ts&oref=slogin

You might have to log in, I'm not sure though.
Old March 4th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

On Mar 4, 9:25 am, Zed > wrote:
> I thought we all might like to read this article. It even mentions
> Papy's N2003.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/sp...nascar.html?_r...
>
> You might have to log in, I'm not sure though.

No login.

Nice article, it's fairly amazing they actually named the sim, since
most of the time they talk around it in these sorts of pieces.
Granted, everyone already knew what the pros were driving anyway.

Old March 4th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave F

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 4, 9:25 am, Zed > wrote:
>> I thought we all might like to read this article. It even mentions
>> Papy's N2003.
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/sp...nascar.html?_r...
>>
>> You might have to log in, I'm not sure though.

> No login.
>
> Nice article, it's fairly amazing they actually named the sim, since
> most of the time they talk around it in these sorts of pieces.
> Granted, everyone already knew what the pros were driving anyway.

Dead software.

--
David G Fisher

Old March 5th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
George Adams

On Mar 4, 2:56 pm, "Dave F" > wrote:
> "jason moyer" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > On Mar 4, 9:25 am, Zed > wrote:
> >> I thought we all might like to read this article. It even mentions
> >> Papy's N2003.

> >>http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/sp...nascar.html?_r...

> >> You might have to log in, I'm not sure though.

> > No login.

> > Nice article, it's fairly amazing they actually named the sim, since
> > most of the time they talk around it in these sorts of pieces.
> > Granted, everyone already knew what the pros were driving anyway.

> Dead software.
>
> --
> David G Fisher

Yep, absolutely stone cold dead. Two excellent new mods in the past
couple weeks. Yup, dead as a doornail.

Old March 5th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

On Mar 4, 2:56 pm, "Dave F" > wrote:

> Dead software.

You can take ISI's balls off your chin any day now.

Old March 5th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave F

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
s.com...
> On Mar 4, 2:56 pm, "Dave F" > wrote:
>
>> Dead software.

> You can take ISI's balls off your chin any day now.

Coming from the #1 papy ass kisser (soon to be #1 iRacing ass kisser), I'll
take that as a compliment.

Sorry the cars were so tough for you to handle......

--
David G Fisher

Old March 5th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
James Promme

"Zed" > wrote in message
> I thought we all might like to read this article. It even mentions
> Papy's N2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/sp...ts&oref=slogin

> You might have to log in, I'm not sure though.

And on a related note, saw this on last night's game. For you non-hockey
fans, the guy is Marian Gaborik, an incredible player for the NHL Minnesota
Wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yiuqY53e0o

Old March 5th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

On Mar 5, 12:02 am, "Dave F" > wrote:

> Coming from the #1 papy ass kisser (soon to be #1 iRacing ass kisser), I'll
> take that as a compliment.

My favorite sims::

GTR2 - ISI engine, Blimey! developed
GTL - same as above
RBR - Warthog

See, the fact is, I'll race anything that's good, regardless of who
developed it. But if you'd like to continue believing otherwise for
whatever reason, that's ok too. I've purchased 7 sims developed
entirely by ISI plus another 6 using their engine because I'm a giant
Kaemmer-worshipping Papy-loving Iracing-asskissing fanboy. Christ, I
could see saying that **** if I were one of those assholes who doesn't
give anything a fair shake, but I've even admitted there are mods for
your beloved rFactor that are pretty badass. No oval mods, and you
have to wade through tons of bull**** to find the ones that are
decent, but they're out there.

Old March 5th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave F

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 5, 12:02 am, "Dave F" > wrote:
>
>> Coming from the #1 papy ass kisser (soon to be #1 iRacing ass kisser),
>> I'll
>> take that as a compliment.

> My favorite sims::
>
> GTR2 - ISI engine, Blimey! developed
> GTL - same as above
> RBR - Warthog
>
> See, the fact is, I'll race anything that's good, regardless of who
> developed it. But if you'd like to continue believing otherwise for
> whatever reason, that's ok too. I've purchased 7 sims developed
> entirely by ISI plus another 6 using their engine because I'm a giant
> Kaemmer-worshipping Papy-loving Iracing-asskissing fanboy. Christ, I
> could see saying that **** if I were one of those assholes who doesn't
> give anything a fair shake, but I've even admitted there are mods for
> your beloved rFactor that are pretty badass. No oval mods, and you
> have to wade through tons of bull**** to find the ones that are
> decent, but they're out there.

Don't care what sims you own (I own plenty too).

I've read you're postings.

--
David G Fisher

Old March 6th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

On Mar 5, 4:54 pm, "Dave F" > wrote:

> Don't care what sims you own (I own plenty too).

Awesome, what were your thoughts on Richard Burn Rally?

Most times Brakes..Some times no. Frankenstien Ford Explorer 8 September 22nd 05 02:29 AM
Bushamerica - Cops shoot SUV 120 times. Hit UNARMED driver 4 times. Jesse Jackson calls it a hate crime [email protected] Driving 1 June 9th 05 01:52 AM
OT sad times Shag VW air cooled 15 April 15th 05 12:30 AM
Lap times Target Simulators 4 January 21st 05 11:06 PM