Fking GTlegends patch wiped out career!?

Old November 30th 05, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Fking GTlegends patch wiped out career!?

Is this supposed to happen? it was ok until I went to look online for a
setup then POOF!

Lost all progress hell it deleted the whole profile (had to re create it).
no, I race online once in a while, so figured "in case" I found a minute...
Goddam, starting over sucks.

Old November 30th 05, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Addendum: MIght not been the patch.

If you do anything be sure to "SAVE GAME" once in a while like in cups,
because I got lucky and recoverd from there, I just lost 1 cup and some 2 or
3 races get me back there so...

Old November 30th 05, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Didn't mess with anything on my machine.

GP

Old November 30th 05, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I cannot cancel the post, it must have been my mistake? twas quirkey that
it didnt let me logon to online, when I was doing a quick race (and wanted a
setup from online files) It failed (which the game doesnt do gracefully)
After a few times (turned otu to be internet connection itself) IT reported
to me "invalid key"... I backed out of the game.

I restarted the game, this is where I was forced to remake my user, because
there was NONE. I did it with same name fortunately? Anyway evrything was
as if just installed the game (ala no races or cars or maoney et all...)
then logon to online, looked at race lists (to see if patch worked I sorted
on the players on server list). Then I backed out of online... went to
single player, went to cups challenges picked the 1st one, (which it was
showing I had never raced AKA fresh install) clicked on 1st cup challenge
picked team then finally got to the place where you can load saved game-ala
floppy icon/button. Well, at least that seemed to fix everything for that
driver, I lost about 3 races is all, and Im not super positive as I was
already in the last challenge in D, it showed I had 1 race left in the 2nd
to last challenge in D...) No matter I just went and ran better anywho
(wins).

it is FYI now, as I said I must be the only one to have this happen so far
(player wiped out?), and must not be related to the patch but more just some
corruption in a file, especially thanks to crappy internet-error catching
code?

G. Patricks enlightened us with:

Old November 30th 05, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Sting32" > wrote in message
om...
> Addendum: MIght not been the patch.
>
> If you do anything be sure to "SAVE GAME" once in a while like in cups,
> because I got lucky and recoverd from there, I just lost 1 cup and some 2
> or 3 races get me back there so...
>
> Sting32 wrote:
>> Is this supposed to happen? it was ok until I went to look online
>> for a setup then POOF!
>>
>> Lost all progress hell it deleted the whole profile (had to re create
>> it). no, I race online once in a while, so figured "in case" I found
>> a minute... Goddam, starting over sucks.

This has happened to me before, and it is hard to pin down the culprit,
though it does appear to have something to do with grabbing a set-up online.

One would think that in this day and age, saving one's progress is an
absolute priority. As such, all I had to do was restore and I was back to
the point where I should have been.

Alanb