rF - Formula Nippon is great!

Old November 29th 05, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default rF - Formula Nippon is great!

The Formula Nippon cars are really good add on to the rF!
Very nice to drive. And you can even 4 wheel drift (is that
the correct word in English?) with those cars - as with the
F1's of 67's of the GPL!

Does anyone know, how realistically modelled the physics of
those cars are in the rF version? If it is well done, those guys
driving these cars in Japan must really have lots of fun in that
series!

Arto

Old November 29th 05, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I'll agree about the mod, but haven't seen any drifts yet, at least not
ones on purpose!

There is argument about whether the grip level is too high, or if it is
an effect of moderate power with high levels of downforce that the cars
have IRL. For me, it's quite good and is the mod that I play most
often.

Old December 1st 05, 09:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 29 Nov 2005 13:55:32 -0800, Darus wrote:
> I'll agree about the mod, but haven't seen any drifts yet, at least not
> ones on purpose!
>
> There is argument about whether the grip level is too high, or if it is
> an effect of moderate power with high levels of downforce that the cars
> have IRL. For me, it's quite good and is the mod that I play most
> often.

While I agree the mod is nice, I really hate the engine sound. To my
ears, these cars sound like someone took a cheap microphone and when
"eeeeeen, eeenen" like kids do when they play with toy cars ;-D

I've been looking around the files in rFm or whatever the folder's
called, trying to replace those sounds with the FIS car ones, but
apparently I am too stupid or something so I was wondering if somebody
has created a better sound pack for the Formula Nippon cars?

Cheers & all the best, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old December 1st 05, 01:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

> On 29 Nov 2005 13:55:32 -0800, Darus wrote:
>> I'll agree about the mod, but haven't seen any drifts yet, at least not
>> ones on purpose!
>>
>> There is argument about whether the grip level is too high, or if it is
>> an effect of moderate power with high levels of downforce that the cars
>> have IRL. For me, it's quite good and is the mod that I play most
>> often.
>>

> While I agree the mod is nice, I really hate the engine sound. To my
> ears, these cars sound like someone took a cheap microphone and when
> "eeeeeen, eeenen" like kids do when they play with toy cars ;-D
>
> I've been looking around the files in rFm or whatever the folder's
> called, trying to replace those sounds with the FIS car ones, but
> apparently I am too stupid or something so I was wondering if somebody
> has created a better sound pack for the Formula Nippon cars?
>
> Cheers & all the best, uwe

go to the team folders and look at the .veh files. You'll see a line that
calls the .sfx file. Simply copy the FormulaIS.sfx file from the FormulaIS
folder to the Nippon(sorry I don't have the exact name of the folder.).
Then edit the .veh files of each team to call formulais.sfx instead of
nippon.sfx(again, I'm guessing at the name of the file since I don't have
the mod installed.)
done
dh
Old December 1st 05, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:07:09 -0600, Dave Henrie wrote:
> go to the team folders and look at the .veh files. You'll see a line that
> calls the .sfx file. Simply copy the FormulaIS.sfx file from the FormulaIS
> folder to the Nippon(sorry I don't have the exact name of the folder.).
> Then edit the .veh files of each team to call formulais.sfx instead of
> nippon.sfx(again, I'm guessing at the name of the file since I don't have
> the mod installed.)
> done
> dh

Cheers for the help, Dave, I'll give it a try!

All the best, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61