E-15 gas.

Old September 21st 11, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J R[_2_]

Default E-15 gas.

This morning, Peter Landry was talking to a local radio talk show host
guy.They said E-15 gas is coming.
cuhulin

Old September 21st 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"J R" > wrote in message
> This morning, Peter Landry was talking to a local radio talk show host
> guy.They said E-15 gas is coming.
> cuhulin

Considering the pimps we have in congress, I wouldnt doubt
it.

Old September 22nd 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 09/21/2011 05:12 PM, jim wrote:

> jim beam wrote:

>>> :

>>> sign me up, E 20 to 30 works great in all my stuff, except small engines.
>>> KB

>> wow, the oiligopolist's dream - the guy that doesn't mind paying more
>> and getting less! because that's what all the "E"'s mean with their
>> lower calorie content.

> Not true.
>
> You don't pay more because
> the gasoline blended with alcohol is lower octane fuel
> which is cheaper to refine.

no, the oilco's sell it for the same price or more. and not only do
they blend in ethanol, they blend in water too because with ethanol in
the mix, some water becomes soluble.

> And the alcohol is cheaper than
> the gasoline.

no, it's considerably more expensive. and that's before you take the
subsidies the taxpayer has to cough up into account.

> And some vehicles get better mileage with alcohol blends.

no, you just believe propaganda.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old September 22nd 11, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_2_]

jim beam > wrote in
t:

> On 09/21/2011 05:12 PM, jim wrote:
>>

>> jim beam wrote:

>>> wow, the oiligopolist's dream - the guy that doesn't mind paying
>>> more and getting less! because that's what all the "E"'s mean with
>>> their lower calorie content.

>> Not true.
>>
>> You don't pay more because
>> the gasoline blended with alcohol is lower octane fuel
>> which is cheaper to refine.

> no, the oilco's sell it for the same price or more. and not only do
> they blend in ethanol, they blend in water too because with ethanol in
> the mix, some water becomes soluble.
>

>> And the alcohol is cheaper than
>> the gasoline.

> no, it's considerably more expensive. and that's before you take the
> subsidies the taxpayer has to cough up into account.
>

>> And some vehicles get better mileage with alcohol blends.

> no, you just believe propaganda.

No your a idiot. I have tested it in my own vehicles and all but one gets
BETTER milage with a 20% blend. and it is quite a bit cheeper to purchase
also. Besides the supposed subsidy is going away in dec. KB