97 Concorde steering issues

Old March 19th 05, 12:29 AM

Default 97 Concorde steering issues

I have a 97 Chrysler Concorde, 136,000 miles roughly. Steering is loose and
hard to control at times. I've heard everything from bad rack and replace
it at big cost, to just replacing worn rubber bushings. Anyone else with
similar year/mileage Concorde have the same issues and what ended up being
the problem?

Old March 19th 05, 01:27 AM
Art

Was the suspension recall done on that car?

. ..

Old March 19th 05, 01:46 AM
mic canic

take it somewhere you fell good about the service and have them check it out
esp. now with the price of gas you want a front end that has as little rolling
resistance as possible and drives true

Old March 19th 05, 02:16 AM
maxpower

> wrote in message
. ..
> I have a 97 Chrysler Concorde, 136,000 miles roughly. Steering is loose

and
> hard to control at times. I've heard everything from bad rack and replace
> it at big cost, to just replacing worn rubber bushings. Anyone else with
> similar year/mileage Concorde have the same issues and what ended up being
> the problem?

Could be any one of the problems you listed..there is no suspension recall
on your vehicle.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 19th 05, 09:51 PM
Bill D

The inner tie rod ends wear out quickly on this car because the steering
rack is located above the engine in a high heat zone. Put the front end up
on jack stands and have someone hold the steering wheel steady while you try
to rotate the front wheels as if they were being steered. If there is play
in the system, i.e. you can make the wheel turn while the steering wheel is
held tight, you've found at least one problem.

If you aren't sure about it, get it checked out at a competent fron end
shop. The life you save could be your own.

. ..

Old March 20th 05, 03:16 AM
Art

How about the recall to re-enforce the chasis where the front end attaches
by adding a clamp? Doesn't that apply tp 97 model year?

Old March 20th 05, 11:05 AM
maxpower

"Art" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> How about the recall to re-enforce the chasis where the front end attaches
> by adding a clamp? Doesn't that apply tp 97 model year?
>

> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >> I have a 97 Chrysler Concorde, 136,000 miles roughly. Steering is

loose
> > and
> >> hard to control at times. I've heard everything from bad rack and
> >> replace
> >> it at big cost, to just replacing worn rubber bushings. Anyone else

with
> >> similar year/mileage Concorde have the same issues and what ended up
> >> being
> >> the problem?
> >>

> > Could be any one of the problems you listed..there is no suspension

recall
> > on your vehicle.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

Does not apply to that yr

Old March 20th 05, 09:37 PM
Bill D

Read more about the defect he
http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/
"Bill D" > wrote in message
> The inner tie rod ends wear out quickly on this car because the steering
> rack is located above the engine in a high heat zone. Put the front end up
> on jack stands and have someone hold the steering wheel steady while you
> try to rotate the front wheels as if they were being steered. If there is
> play in the system, i.e. you can make the wheel turn while the steering
> wheel is held tight, you've found at least one problem.
>
> If you aren't sure about it, get it checked out at a competent fron end
> shop. The life you save could be your own.
>

> > wrote in message
> . ..
>>I have a 97 Chrysler Concorde, 136,000 miles roughly. Steering is loose
>>and hard to control at times. I've heard everything from bad rack and
>>replace it at big cost, to just replacing worn rubber bushings. Anyone
>>else with similar year/mileage Concorde have the same issues and what
>>ended up being the problem?

528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 06:38 PM
Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 12:59 AM
'66 Steering Upgrade .boB Ford Mustang 1 December 21st 04 06:25 PM
Cracked Steering Damper Assembly- Be careful Jason 4x4 2 May 19th 04 12:42 PM