From OP: Car Type

Old September 22nd 11, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob[_53_]

Default From OP: Car Type

Hi,

Sorry that I forgot to mention my car:

It's a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.

Thanks for help,
Bob
Old September 22nd 11, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 09/22/2011 02:59 PM, Bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry that I forgot to mention my car:
>
> It's a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
>
> Thanks for help,
> Bob

I would guess that it uses the same TPMS as a similar vintage Impala,
which uses sensors at each wheel integral with the valve stems. If you
rotate your tires, you do need to reprogram the system if you want the
pressures to read correctly for the correct wheels. You'll need to have
an air compressor handy because it involves deflating the tires slightly
in sequence. The exact procedure is in the owner's manual.

good luck

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old September 23rd 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> On 09/22/2011 02:59 PM, Bob wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry that I forgot to mention my car:
>>
>> It's a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
>>
>> Thanks for help,
>> Bob

> I would guess that it uses the same TPMS as a similar vintage Impala,
> which uses sensors at each wheel integral with the valve stems. If you
> rotate your tires, you do need to reprogram the system if you want the
> pressures to read correctly for the correct wheels. You'll need to have
> an air compressor handy because it involves deflating the tires slightly
> in sequence. The exact procedure is in the owner's manual.
>
> good luck
>
> nate

Mine is Toyota.. You simply adjust all the tires to specified
levels, and then actuate the system calibration.
As Nate says, check the owners manual.

Mine also checks the spare, so if you get an odd reading, dont
assume that you automatically have a low main tire.