Air con stinks Audi A4

Old August 11th 07, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Andy

Default Air con stinks Audi A4

Hi Guys,

I have an A4, 2004 model everytime I start the car and turn the air con on
it stinks, any ideas what it could be or to resolve the prob???

Rgds

Andy

Old August 11th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:22:10 GMT, "Andy" > wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>I have an A4, 2004 model everytime I start the car and turn the air con on
>it stinks, any ideas what it could be or to resolve the prob???

Audi line dealer service departments have a spray that "de-funky-fies" the A/C
duct-work. The spray can has a long hollow wand so they can reach deep into
the ducts via the vents and hose them down.

After that, whenever you use the A/C, a few minutes before you park the car
turn off the compressor (ie: press the Economy button), make sure you're
pulling fresh air into the car (ie: Recirc button *not* pressed) and turn the
fans up full blast.

That will dry out the expansion coils, helping to avoid creating a
bacteria-friendly environment in the coil.

And don't smoke in the car!

Cheers

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old August 12th 07, 09:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Yes Baby

"Andy" > wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have an A4, 2004 model everytime I start the car and turn the air con on
> it stinks, any ideas what it could be or to resolve the prob???
>
> Rgds
>
> Andy

simple, just change the filter.......

Old August 12th 07, 11:30 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Andy

Just been changed a few months back, I will give day trippers response a
bash.

Rgds

Andy

Old August 12th 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
No Spam Please

Try this product by Wurth:
http://www.autogeek.net/wuachesytr.html

Old August 12th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
No Spam Please

Old August 12th 07, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Pete[_8_]

"Yes Baby" wrote
> simple, just change the filter.......

Umm... no. It is not that simple. The fungus grows elsewhere, so replacing
just the filter won't make the smell go away. daytripper gave good advice.

Cheers,
Pete