Acura

Old February 3rd 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Default Acura

When we found out that the RSX was finished after '06 model, we looked
around and finally found one to replace our '03. I'm glad we did.

Old February 5th 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"BK" > wrote in message
> When we found out that the RSX was finished after '06 model, we looked
> around and finally found one to replace our '03. I'm glad we did.

Ya, the RSX is a whole other story! Somehow Acura managed to kill one of the
most popular cars in history (the Integra) by trying to take it's customers
'upscale'. A fatal mistake made over and over by stupid car companies! Many
cars come to mind, the Ford Taurus SHO for one! Every time I read C&D saying
that the MFR is attempting to take their customers upscale, I just know,
it's going to happen again. Stupid!

The RSX was a decent car I guess but it obviously was no replacement for the
Integra. My guess is that price is what basically killed it. It seems to be
'sporty' enough.

Input?

I bet the RSX is a great used buy since it never did catch on, might be a
pretty reasonable used car buy.

Chris
99BBB

Old February 5th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 20:03:24 -0600, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> "BK" > wrote in message
>
>> When we found out that the RSX was finished after '06 model, we
>> looked around and finally found one to replace our '03. I'm glad we
>> did.

> Ya, the RSX is a whole other story! Somehow Acura managed to kill one
> of the most popular cars in history (the Integra) by trying to take
> it's customers 'upscale'. A fatal mistake made over and over by stupid
> car companies! Many cars come to mind, the Ford Taurus SHO for one!
> Every time I read C&D saying that the MFR is attempting to take their
> customers upscale, I just know, it's going to happen again. Stupid!
>
> The RSX was a decent car I guess but it obviously was no replacement
> for the Integra. My guess is that price is what basically killed it.
> It seems to be 'sporty' enough.
>
> Input?
>
> I bet the RSX is a great used buy since it never did catch on, might
> be a pretty reasonable used car buy.

I very nearly bought an RSX-S in 2006. I took one for three or four test
drives and was very taken with it. Nice, high quality interior. Handled
great for a front driver. Fantastic engine--it was absolutely
otherworldly at 8000 rpm. I really didn't think it was too expensive
(22k IIRC) for what it was. At the time it amazed me that you could get
something with an engine like that for that kind of money.

But soon after I came across a low mileage 2004 MSM and that was that.
It didn't have anywhere near the level of sophistication as the RSX, but
it was a convertible, it was rear-wheel drive, it was a convertible, and
it was much less expensive. Plus I always kind of wanted one.
Old February 5th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Carbon wrote:

> I very nearly bought an RSX-S in 2006. I took one for three or four test
> drives and was very taken with it. Nice, high quality interior. Handled
> great for a front driver. Fantastic engine--it was absolutely
> otherworldly at 8000 rpm. I really didn't think it was too expensive
> (22k IIRC) for what it was. At the time it amazed me that you could get
> something with an engine like that for that kind of money.
>
> But soon after I came across a low mileage 2004 MSM and that was that.
> It didn't have anywhere near the level of sophistication as the RSX, but
> it was a convertible, it was rear-wheel drive, it was a convertible, and
> it was much less expensive. Plus I always kind of wanted one.

I think you made the right decision. I am tempted every time I see a
low-mileage MSM listed.
Getting one in the next couple of years is still a high possibility.

If only I could keep my turbo 1991 model, and get a MSM plus a PRHT NC.

One can dream.........That is still only around $30,000.00 to $40,000.00
or so if I didn't buy the NC new.
Then just keep them all insured, registered, inspected and maintained,
no problem. It would be interesting to see which model got the most and
the least driving time.

Pat
Old February 6th 10, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Carbon" > wrote in message
g.com...

> It didn't have anywhere near the level of sophistication as the RSX, but
> it was a convertible, it was rear-wheel drive, it was a convertible, and
> it was much less expensive. Plus I always kind of wanted one.

So, the Miata is in effect responsible for the demise of the RSX! Sweet! ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Acura NSX - Hot News- nico Honda 0 October 25th 07 01:13 PM
Acura 1.6 EL [email protected] Honda 0 March 13th 07 04:59 AM
FS 99 Acura aw General 0 July 5th 05 04:24 PM
BMW 545 vs Acura RL Scott C BMW 36 December 3rd 04 04:32 PM