Wheels for 86 vs 96 ZR1

Old August 30th 04, 03:59 PM
JOE ESCHMANN

well yes to clarify,they are zr1 "style" rims.they made a big difference
in appearance-i always hated those dinner plate stock rims.
as far as the ride they feel much smoother,but i attribute that to new
tires - kumho extra supra's
"Dad" > wrote in message
> Be aware of what he said, if I read him right "There are wheels that are
> sold that fit 84-87 vettes without an adapter." My take on that is that

they
> are ZR1 style wheels made to fit the 84-87 vettes, not ZR1 wheels.
> --
> Dad
> 04 C5 CE Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
> "Raymond Prince" > wrote in message
> > According to what I have been told, the error in mph should be
> > insignificant
> > at highway speeds.
> > How do the 17" wheels feel? Do they make any difference in the ride? I
> > know
> > they look 100% better than those god awful 86 dinner plate wheels.
> >
> > "JOE ESCHMANN" > wrote in message
> > t...
> >> my '86 has zr1 17" wheels. as far as rubbing-no problem. also they
> >> are
> >> sold to fit '84-'87 vettes without an adaptor. with the
> >> speedometer,it seems a bit off. that's something i didn't think of

> > duh!
> >>
> >> "Vette88" > wrote in message
> >> . ..

the
> > 17

speedometer

without

Old August 30th 04, 04:51 PM
Dad

Now there is a good tire to talk about, what do you think of them so far?
How many miles so far? What kind of weather have you driven them in?

--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

et...

Old August 30th 04, 04:51 PM
Dad

Old August 31st 04, 03:40 PM
JOEVET

i only have about 1500 miles on them,but the ride is "much" better than
the goodyears i had. the car is mostly restored so normal driving here on
long island is on a nice sunny day. i did my homework prior to buying these
tires and i am very satisfied.

Old August 31st 04, 03:40 PM
JOEVET

FS: BBS wheels [email protected] BMW 0 January 13th 05 12:51 AM
Will these wheels fit my TT? ZiggyPopp Audi 12 January 3rd 05 08:14 AM
Audi A6 (2000) 17" wheels - uneven tire wear Anit Patel Audi 9 November 7th 04 06:19 PM
Tires and Wheels for sale - Pflugerville, Texas jrhslick BMW 0 October 22nd 04 12:05 AM
Silly question - can't get the wheels off my 156 JTS! Steve Knight Alfa Romeo 17 July 28th 04 08:53 PM