Two questions

Old August 30th 04, 02:10 AM
CardsFan

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
> First, injector cleaners. I've never used any, and reading here awhile

back
> several posters do. Does anyone have a favorite brand? There are lots of
> options and they don't cost much, so if it's a waste of money at least it
> isn't much money. Just looking for opinions.
>
> Second, engine detailing. There are lots of detail shops around here, but
> their idea of engine detailing is to steam clean it. For instance, a guy

at
> a cruise-in I was at recently had the underside of his C4's hood looking
> pretty nice and I asked him how he did it. He said elbow grease and Armor
> All. I'm reluctant to use Armor All as it seems to turn white when it

gets
> heated up, which would surely happen in the engine compartment. I keep
> looking at that motor and I know it could look a lot better, but I don't
> want to take the whole motor out to do it. I'm not talking about buying a
> bunch of chrome here, just cleaning 12 years of grunge.

Thanks to all who replied. The Chevron Techron ought to be good - it's more
than double the price of many of the others, and treats 12 gallons. Engine
detailing - looks like it will be something for me to work on during the
weekends of the long Indiana winter. Maybe by next spring I'll have her
looking better.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old September 2nd 04, 01:11 AM
DJRICK99

I like BG's 44K not sure where you can purchase it.. second choice is SeaFoam

When it comes to engine bay cleaning I like to use a do it your self car wash
and pressure wash the engine bay.. the one I use has Simple Green for the
detergent.. then I take it home polish up the A/C lines with some metal polish
and then use some engine detailer to make the engine shine..

If you are ever in the market for performance parts please feel free to e-mail
me at
-=Rick

Old September 2nd 04, 01:11 AM
DJRICK99