The Ultimate SUV - an Amphib 4X4 MOD JEEP

Old January 15th 04, 02:08 AM
North

Default The Ultimate SUV - an Amphib 4X4 MOD JEEP

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:22:02 GMT, R. David Steele
> said:

>On 09 Jan 2004 12:53:54 GMT, atespam
>(Halcitron) wrote:

>|The Ultimate SUV - an Amphibious Four Wheel Drive!
>| Every now and then, we run across interesting outdoor products that we've
>|just got to tell others about. Perhaps a few adventurers would like to
>|participate in the 'launch' of an exciting new amphibious vehicle based on the
>|Jeep Wrangler. Built in China, this vehicle is less expensive than a Hummer yet
>|capable of far more extensive off-road travel, Amphi-4wd is built from your
>|donor Jeep.

I never thought I'd see the day when custom auto work would be
outsourced.

Whats next, take your car nto jiffy lube for an oil change and they
ship it to mexico to have the work done, then ship it back ?

People here need to quit expecting to earn 20 bucks an hour for a job
that is only worth 10 bucks an hour, no wonder all the jobs are going
overseas.

Old January 15th 04, 06:30 AM
Ben Dover

"Robert Sturgeon" > wrote in message
: On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:08:34 -0700, "Ben Dover"
: > wrote:
:
: >
: .. .
: >: > said:
: >:
: >: >On 09 Jan 2004 12:53:54 GMT, atespam
: >: >(Halcitron) wrote:
: >
: >:
: >: People here need to quit expecting to earn 20 bucks an hour for a job
: >: that is only worth 10 bucks an hour, no wonder all the jobs are going
: >: overseas.
: >:
: >:
: >
: >That's pure horse****; you are part of the problem if you buy that line
of
: >crap. Example: Ford sells a truck for $25,000. It is made in the U.S.
with
: >pricey union labor. Ford outsources the truck to Mexico where the labor
: >costs are about 25% of the U.S. rate. Ford sells the outsourced truck in
: >the U.S. for $26,000.
: >
: >When everyone is finally reduced to Wart Mart wages (a Rethuglican wet
: >dream) who will be buying the $26,000 vehicle?
:
: If everyone is finally reduced to Wal*Mart wages, no one
: will be buying $26,000 vehicles. Do you really think it's
: possible to reduce everyone to Wal*Mart wages? How? What
: about the people who don't work for wages?
:
: My best guess is that Ford is not faced with the prospect of
: running out of customers for their $26,000 vehicles.
:
: --
: Robert Sturgeon,
: proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy
: and the evil gun culture.

Well take a look at wage growth, or lack thereof. Yes, quiz kid, it's a
very real possibility that we might end up not being able to buy $26,000
vehicles at the rate household income is dropping. Of course we can
continue racking up personal debt at a rate never before seen in the
history of this country. Your simplistic denial of reality affirms your
membership in the vast reich wing club of unthinking sheeple. BTW, true to
your ilk's fashion, I notice you neatly sidestepped my point about
corporate amerika pocketing the savings in exporting jobs to third world
sweatshops. Jesus, you make Stevie Wonder look like he has 20/20 vision.

Old January 15th 04, 11:25 AM
Graham Jones

In message >, R. David Steele
> writes

>And here I thought that the Unimog was the ultimate 4x4!!!

But there's already one converted on a RR

--
Graham Jones
Old January 15th 04, 11:25 AM
Graham Jones

In message >, R. David Steele

Old January 15th 04, 12:32 PM
North

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:08:34 -0700, "Ben Dover"
> said:

>"North" > wrote in message
.. .
>: On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:22:02 GMT, R. David Steele
>: > said:
>:
>: >On 09 Jan 2004 12:53:54 GMT, atespam
>: >(Halcitron) wrote:
>
>:
>: People here need to quit expecting to earn 20 bucks an hour for a job
>: that is only worth 10 bucks an hour, no wonder all the jobs are going
>: overseas.
>:
>:
>
>That's pure horse****; you are part of the problem if you buy that line of
>crap. Example: Ford sells a truck for $25,000. It is made in the U.S. with
>pricey union labor. Ford outsources the truck to Mexico where the labor
>costs are about 25% of the U.S. rate. Ford sells the outsourced truck in
>the U.S. for $26,000.
>
>When everyone is finally reduced to Wart Mart wages (a Rethuglican wet
>dream) who will be buying the $26,000 vehicle?

Dude, you are missing my point. For example; a telemarketeer is simply
not worth 15 bucks an hour to harrass people on the phone. If they
work for what the job is worth (say maybe 6 bucks an hour), you would
see less telemarketing jobs moving overseas. Why pay an IT 150,000
bucks a year when the job is worth maybe 25,000 bucks a year, see
folks expect to be payed far more than they are worth. I call it
greed. A company cannot payout more then it brings in... simple
economics. People need to stop living life styles they simply cannot
afford, I blame that on credit cards, but thats a whole nother can of
worms.

North.

Jeep Site gblue 4x4 0 December 26th 03 08:26 PM
New Jeep Club in Denver Co Mark Greve 4x4 0 December 26th 03 05:29 PM