Miata and Lojack

Old August 21st 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bill[_5_]

Default Miata and Lojack

Do you have a Lojack system installed, and does it drain your
battery in a short period (days in winter, week or so in summer?) Is
there a quick way to disonnect the Lojack? (I'd have to have a
mechanic do it, I can't get on my knees, and left hand is headed south
rapidly.)

TYIA

Old August 22nd 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John Carpenter

http://www.carsdirect.com/safety_pro...ure/lojack_faq

Lojack can't be disconnected - had them on 3 Corvettes and it is a constant
drain. However, if your electrical system is up to snuff (battery,
alternator) the simple act of driving should keep your battery sufficiently
charged. Some of my cars sat as long as three weeks without being started
and there was no problem. No, these weren't new Corvettes - 64, 69, and 76
with original electrical systems. I'd start looking for another source of
drain if you can, or take it to a reputable shop. Be aware that attempting
to find electrical gremlins can be time consuming (translates to very
expensive) and frustrating. A Battery Tender (brand name) wired directly to
your battery in the trunk and left plugged in when the car is parked will
work wonders for a LOT less money and aggravation. Good Luck.

ups.com...

Old August 22nd 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Joe Feise

Bill wrote on 08/21/06 15:53:

> Do you have a Lojack system installed, and does it drain your
> battery in a short period (days in winter, week or so in summer?) Is
> there a quick way to disonnect the Lojack? (I'd have to have a
> mechanic do it, I can't get on my knees, and left hand is headed south
> rapidly.)
>
> TYIA

The Lojack in my Miata doesn't drain the battery.
My guess is that you have a problem somewhere else.

-Joe