Insurance Repair Warranty Scam??? 6674

Old March 29th 07, 01:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Justin Time

Default Insurance Repair Warranty Scam??? 6674

I just found out at www.claimsreporter.com that apparently most Insurance company policies require the use of certified factory parts for collision repairs. They also said that most repairs have no warranty unless issued by the repair service and not the Insurance company! Does anyone know if and who is reponsible for a bad repair job that needs to reworked?

_iLkJ\:KhR
Old April 5th 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jimmy[_3_]

IANAL, however in my opinion (depending on country/laws), the repair shop
would be responsible for a poor repair job, as it was them who carried out
the repair, not the insurance company. Of course, you would need to report
it within a reasonable time period, depending on what is actually wrong with
the repair.

The main factor you need to consider is who directly paid the repair shop
for the repairs, as it is them who have the contract of sale with the repair
shop for poor services provided. So, if the insurance company paid you and
then you paid the repair shop for the repairs, then it is you who has the
contract of sale with them. However, if the insurance company paid them
directly, then it is them who actually have the contract of sale with the
repair shop.

Old April 5th 07, 08:35 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jimmy[_3_]

Default SPAM

What a waste of time. SPAMMER!

Old April 5th 07, 09:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:35:30 +0100, "Jimmy" > wrote:

>What a waste of time. SPAMMER!
>

>"Justin Time" > wrote in message
>>I just found out at www.claimsreporter.com that apparently most Insurance
>>company policies require the use of certified factory parts for collision
>>repairs. They also said that most repairs have no warranty unless issued
>>by the repair service and not the Insurance company! Does anyone know if
>>and who is reponsible for a bad repair job that needs to reworked?
>>

>> _iLkJ\:KhR

Just a load of ******** --- Insurance companies will spend as little as they can
to repair a vehicle and if you look at the POLICY you will probably see that
they reserve the right not to use genuine parts.

However, car makers will, on the other hand, void any warranty if non OEM parts
are used and that is why - with your BMW/Merc (read any other car worth keeping)
use only main dealer crash repair shops that only use OEM parts and repair to
OEM standards - which is not very good if you drive a FORD or CHEVY.
Old April 6th 07, 10:08 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
RustYŠ

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
> Why on earth do you IDIOTS replicate the spammer's message and website
> URL in your replies?

Many folks on here have not got the basics of Usenet. Maybe we ought to
post a newbies guide now and again to show them how to snip as well.