Duckling LLBs cut off

Old May 23rd 05, 10:34 PM
Alexander Rogge

Default Duckling LLBs cut off

LLBs don't like when they try to drive beside some vehicles in the right
lane and match speeds. It seems that some drivers will accelerate and
cut in front of them with inches to spare, especially if there's another
driver behind them who tried to get the LLB to speed up and move over.
The LLBs don't seem to get the meaning of the "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO
PASS" signs or the flash-to-pass signal. One LLB that got cut off today
was going 70 km/h in the left lane of an 80 km/h zone. When faster
traffic approached and started passing on the right, the LLB sped up and
tried to block the passing traffic by drifting into the right lane. It
tried this until somebody passed rapidly while still in the left lane
and cut in front. The LLB honked and slammed on the brakes.

The next LLB was in a 100 zone, going 50 in the passing lane with one
car behind it. The LLB had no lights on at dusk, and was resting its
left wrist on the top of the steering wheel. A surprise it got when it
tried to match speeds with the driver in the right lane ahead as the
blocked driver swerved into the right lane and attempted to pass. The
driver ahead on the right swerved in front of the LLB and lit the brake
lights. The LLB honked obnoxiously but, with the same stubbornness of
ignoring flash-to-pass, the anti-LLB wouldn't move. The LLB was looking
around to the right and appeared to yell expletives as it tried to pass
on the right, but the previously-blocked driver was there, speeding up
and moving in front. The anti-LLB then accelerated and returned to the
right lane, while the LLB tried to catch up.

What is it they don't get about the passing lane and why they shouldn't
play speed-matching games with other drivers while deliberately
obstructing the flow of traffic?
Old May 24th 05, 01:52 AM
Brent P

In article >, Alexander Rogge wrote:

> What is it they don't get about the passing lane and why they shouldn't
> play speed-matching games with other drivers while deliberately
> obstructing the flow of traffic?

They have to be first and nobody should drive faster than they do. IE:
Carl Talyor.

Old May 24th 05, 02:03 AM
James C. Reeves

A question for Judy....