2000 Cherokee Rear Defroster

Old March 2nd 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jb

Default 2000 Cherokee Rear Defroster

My rear isn't working and I traced the problem to what I believe to be
the component within the instrument panel. Must the entire instrument
panel be replaced or can the component within be repaired?
Old March 3rd 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

the switch is a high failuer rate
g.com...

Old March 5th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jb

man of machines wrote:
> the switch is a high failuer rate
> "jb" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>> My rear isn't working and I traced the problem to what I believe to be
>> the component within the instrument panel. Must the entire instrument
>> panel be replaced or can the component within be repaired?

when I press the switch button the light comes on in the switch. But no
power is supplied to the defroster grid.
Old March 5th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
A. Mueller-Witt

"jb" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ng.com...
> man of machines wrote:
>> the switch is a high failuer rate
>> "jb" > wrote in message
>> g.com...
>>> My rear isn't working and I traced the problem to what I believe to be
>>> the component within the instrument panel. Must the entire instrument
>>> panel be replaced or can the component within be repaired?

> when I press the switch button the light comes on in the switch. But no
> power is supplied to the defroster grid.

Check whether there is any current passing through your grid. Often there
are (almost) invisible cracks in those lines. Pay special attention to the
contacs. There may be bad contact between the metal and the grid lines. You
can fix all this using a kind of liquid contact silver (don't know what's it
called correctly, comes in small bottles) - you can buy this stuff in
electronic shops. Good luck.
Andreas

Old March 6th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jb

A. Mueller-Witt wrote:
> "jb" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> ng.com...
>> man of machines wrote:
>>> the switch is a high failuer rate
>>> "jb" > wrote in message
>>> g.com...

>> when I press the switch button the light comes on in the switch. But no
>> power is supplied to the defroster grid.

> Check whether there is any current passing through your grid. Often there
> are (almost) invisible cracks in those lines. Pay special attention to the
> contacs. There may be bad contact between the metal and the grid lines. You
> can fix all this using a kind of liquid contact silver (don't know what's it
> called correctly, comes in small bottles) - you can buy this stuff in
> electronic shops. Good luck.
> Andreas

I may not have been clear, but I said, No power is supplied to the
defroster grid.
Old March 7th 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
A. Mueller-Witt

"jb" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
g.com...
> A. Mueller-Witt wrote:
>> "jb" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> ng.com...
>>> when I press the switch button the light comes on in the switch. But no
>>> power is supplied to the defroster grid.

>> Check whether there is any current passing through your grid. Often there
>> are (almost) invisible cracks in those lines. Pay special attention to
>> the contacs. There may be bad contact between the metal and the grid
>> lines. You can fix all this using a kind of liquid contact silver (don't
>> know what's it called correctly, comes in small bottles) - you can buy
>> this stuff in electronic shops. Good luck.
>> Andreas

> I may not have been clear, but I said, No power is supplied to the
> defroster grid.

Ooops, I'm sorry, I read too quickly. Did you exchange the switch as
suggested before?

Old March 8th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jb

A. Mueller-Witt wrote:
> "jb" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> g.com...
>> A. Mueller-Witt wrote:
>>> "jb" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> ng.com...
>>> Check whether there is any current passing through your grid. Often there
>>> are (almost) invisible cracks in those lines. Pay special attention to
>>> the contacs. There may be bad contact between the metal and the grid
>>> lines. You can fix all this using a kind of liquid contact silver (don't
>>> know what's it called correctly, comes in small bottles) - you can buy
>>> this stuff in electronic shops. Good luck.
>>> Andreas

>> I may not have been clear, but I said, No power is supplied to the
>> defroster grid.

> Ooops, I'm sorry, I read too quickly. Did you exchange the switch as
> suggested before?

No not yet. Thanks

Rear window defogger defroster Pszemol Honda 4 November 13th 07 01:56 PM
rear defroster interference Maurice BMW 2 December 4th 06 10:42 AM
rear window defroster don Chrysler 1 April 11th 06 12:14 AM
93 Grand Cherokee heat & defroster waynexoh Jeep 4 October 17th 05 07:30 PM
Rear Defroster ACG Honda 3 December 23rd 04 03:58 PM