300m door-lock re-programming question

Old February 17th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

Default 300m door-lock re-programming question

MoPar Man > writes:

> No, I don't have the moon roof (we call them sun roofs up here).

Historically, a sun roof was a metal panel that could be removed to
open up your roof, while a moon roof was the glass or plastic panel
everybody uses now. Checking... my FSM actually refers to the
moon roof on my wife's Intrepid as a sun roof!
Old February 17th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> MoPar Man > writes:
>> No, I don't have the moon roof (we call them sun roofs up here).

> Historically, a sun roof was a metal panel that could be removed to
> open up your roof, while a moon roof was the glass or plastic panel
> everybody uses now. Checking... my FSM actually refers to the
> moon roof on my wife's Intrepid as a sun roof!

What if a glass panel is tinted - would it then be a sun roof?

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old February 17th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

Bill Putney > writes:

> Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>> MoPar Man > writes:
>>> No, I don't have the moon roof (we call them sun roofs up here).

>> Historically, a sun roof was a metal panel that could be removed to
>> open up your roof, while a moon roof was the glass or plastic panel
>> everybody uses now. Checking... my FSM actually refers to the
>> moon roof on my wife's Intrepid as a sun roof!

> What if a glass panel is tinted - would it then be a sun roof?

I've never seen one that wasn't tinted.... but old-time sun roofs
were metal.

Old February 17th 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling[_3_]

"Moon roof" appears to be a North American expression. The rest of us have
sun rooves, whether plastic or metal, as long as they are removable. Of
course, a car with fully removable top, whether rigid (as in a Merc SLK) or
soft (as in Chrysler Sebring) is known as a cabriolet or convertible. Not
sure what that type of roof is called other than "rag top", but that would
not apply to a metal one... :-)

DAS

[...]

Old March 3rd 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

owners manual spells it out and can set the seats too if you have memory
seats

Old March 3rd 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

man of machines wrote:

> owners manual spells it out and can set the seats too if you have
> memory seats

No, the owners manual does not say how all the door locks can be
unlocked with only a single button push. It only describes how to make
the trunk work that way.

But I suppose it will take you, oh, about a month to read this, so we'll
see what your come-back is in about May sometime.

door lock question newman Honda 2 June 1st 07 01:30 PM
90 accord door lock question [email protected] Honda 11 March 2nd 07 07:29 PM
87-93 door lock question Randy Pavatte Ford Mustang 4 December 6th 06 06:54 PM
Alfa 156 door child lock question? GFitega Alfa Romeo 3 March 1st 05 05:26 PM
Door Lock Question - '04 X-3 RichieP BMW 9 November 4th 04 12:10 AM