LF: Source for original factory 97 cobra floor mats (dealer no-go)

Old August 24th 05, 03:52 AM

Default LF: Source for original factory 97 cobra floor mats (dealer no-go)

I am looking to procure a set of factory correct floor mats for my 97
cobra. No 18" tall snakes or emblems wanted. Anyone know where I can get
said floormats? Dealer brought in a set, but they are not the same as
the ones I have - they dont fit properly. My guess is they are
replacements for newer stangs as the passenger side floormat does not
even fit without creasing (99+?).

Also, I used to have the web address of a online ford factory parts
search engine, but I have lost it. It was like a dealer network site or
something like that. Anyone know of the site I am talking about?

TIA,

Chris
Old August 24th 05, 04:18 AM
SVTKate

I can give you the part numbers from the backs of mine, I have a 98 with tan
factory mats... No fancy stitching, just plain mats with the grommet for the
hook and they doo fit right.
I have two sets of front mats, one clean and one dirty. That way I can roate
them.

Holler if you think the numbers could help you.

Kate

:

Old August 24th 05, 02:32 PM

SVTKate wrote:
> I can give you the part numbers from the backs of mine, I have a 98 with tan
> factory mats... No fancy stitching, just plain mats with the grommet for the
> hook and they doo fit right.
> I have two sets of front mats, one clean and one dirty. That way I can roate
> them.
>
> Holler if you think the numbers could help you.
>
> Kate
>
> > wrote in message news:ChROe.6392$Hk.4180@pd7tw1no...
> :
> : I am looking to procure a set of factory correct floor mats for my 97
> : cobra. No 18" tall snakes or emblems wanted. Anyone know where I can get
> : said floormats? Dealer brought in a set, but they are not the same as
> : the ones I have - they dont fit properly. My guess is they are
> : replacements for newer stangs as the passenger side floormat does not
> : even fit without creasing (99+?).
> :
> : Also, I used to have the web address of a online ford factory parts
> : search engine, but I have lost it. It was like a dealer network site or
> : something like that. Anyone know of the site I am talking about?
> :
> : TIA,
> :
> : Chris

Thanks Kate. I do have the originals, I just need a source to get new
ones. Where did you get your second set?

Just to confirm, is your part # E2B-M3H95-D (LH|RH) ? Thats the number
on mine.
Old August 24th 05, 09:38 PM
SVTKate

: SVTKate wrote:
: > I can give you the part numbers from the backs of mine, I have a 98 with
tan
: > factory mats... No fancy stitching, just plain mats with the grommet for
the
: > hook and they doo fit right.
: > I have two sets of front mats, one clean and one dirty. That way I can
roate
: > them.
: >
: > Holler if you think the numbers could help you.
: >
: > Kate
:

The dealership... I got them ALL at the bloody dealership.
ok, your first number is pretty close, only I see EZB at the beginning
HOWEVER
on the passenger side I have this number:
F7ZB6313005-AAWRH

Prolly you do too BUT you just never know.

Maybe they are selling only repros now.
Look on Ebay, I searched
" mustang floor mats oem -diamond " titles and descriptions and quite a few
came up but mostly all black.

What color do you need?
Why do they need to be replaced? Or are you looking for a second set?

: > :

Old August 25th 05, 03:19 AM

SVTKate wrote:

> > wrote in message ...
> : SVTKate wrote:
> : > I can give you the part numbers from the backs of mine, I have a 98 with
> tan
> : > factory mats... No fancy stitching, just plain mats with the grommet for
> the
> : > hook and they doo fit right.
> : > I have two sets of front mats, one clean and one dirty. That way I can
> roate
> : > them.
> : >
> : > Holler if you think the numbers could help you.
> : >
> : > Kate
> :
>
> The dealership... I got them ALL at the bloody dealership.
> ok, your first number is pretty close, only I see EZB at the beginning
> HOWEVER
> on the passenger side I have this number:
> F7ZB6313005-AAWRH
>
> Prolly you do too BUT you just never know.
>
> Maybe they are selling only repros now.
> Look on Ebay, I searched
> " mustang floor mats oem -diamond " titles and descriptions and quite a few
> came up but mostly all black.
>
> What color do you need?
> Why do they need to be replaced? Or are you looking for a second set?
>

> : > > wrote in message news:ChROe.6392$Hk.4180@pd7tw1no...
> : > :
> : > : I am looking to procure a set of factory correct floor mats for my 97
> : > : cobra. No 18" tall snakes or emblems wanted. Anyone know where I can
> get
> : > : said floormats? Dealer brought in a set, but they are not the same as
> : > : the ones I have - they dont fit properly. My guess is they are
> : > : replacements for newer stangs as the passenger side floormat does not
> : > : even fit without creasing (99+?).
> : > :
> : > : Also, I used to have the web address of a online ford factory parts
> : > : search engine, but I have lost it. It was like a dealer network site
> or
> : > : something like that. Anyone know of the site I am talking about?
> : > :
> : > : TIA,
> : > :
> : > : Chris
> : >
> : >
> :
> : Thanks Kate. I do have the originals, I just need a source to get new
> : ones. Where did you get your second set?
> :
> : Just to confirm, is your part # E2B-M3H95-D (LH|RH) ? Thats the number
> : on mine.

The drivers side is worn thru where your the heel of your clutch foot
goes. I need black ; all cobras 96-98 had black carpet, no?

Thanks again.

Chris
Old August 25th 05, 12:08 PM
SVTKate

> wrote
: The drivers side is worn thru where your the heel of your clutch foot
: goes. I need black ; all cobras 96-98 had black carpet, no?
:
: Thanks again.
:
: Chris

Nope!
Mine has tan carpet.
I would NEVER buy a car with black carpet. What a manitenance nightmare THAT
would be!

Old August 25th 05, 03:20 PM

SVTKate wrote:

> > wrote
> : The drivers side is worn thru where your the heel of your clutch foot
> : goes. I need black ; all cobras 96-98 had black carpet, no?
> :
> : Thanks again.
> :
> : Chris
>
> Nope!
> Mine has tan carpet.
> I would NEVER buy a car with black carpet. What a manitenance nightmare THAT
> would be!

But tan is just so girly.
Old August 25th 05, 05:38 PM
SVTKate

> wrote in message ...
: SVTKate wrote:
:
: > > wrote
: > : The drivers side is worn thru where your the heel of your clutch foot
: > : goes. I need black ; all cobras 96-98 had black carpet, no?
: > :
: > : Thanks again.
: > :
: > : Chris
: >
: > Nope!
: > Mine has tan carpet.
: > I would NEVER buy a car with black carpet. What a manitenance nightmare
THAT
: > would be!
: >
: >