Blocking police cars

Old August 10th 05, 12:07 AM
Alexander Rogge

Default Blocking police cars

A police car was coming down the passing lane at high-speed, with lights
and siren on. An LLB in the lane stepped on the brakes so as to slow
down to the speed of the cars in the right lane. After waiting for what
seemed like too long, the cop swerved into the right lane, but then all
the drivers in that lane stepped on their brakes. It took more than 30
seconds and three lane changes to get through the blockage. Can't you
ram if an LLB blocks you like that?

Before that incident, I was driving in the right lane when a minivan
driver in the passing lane started flashing its brake lights. There was
one car ahead of me, but nothing in front of the minivan. A driver who
was trying to pass got behind me and started tailgating as the minivan
driver slowed down to match my speed and then began drifting into me.
Trapped between the minivan and the car in front and back, I downshifted
and waited for the gap to open, and then swerved in front of the
minivan. That didn't wake up this LLB Duckling, however, as the minivan
driver then slowed to a crawl and angered two other drivers behind it
after I had accelerated away.

Also this week, on a 2-lane road with a slight curve, I notice that
there's two GM econoboxes with high-beams on, coming down my side of the
road. It's MSMD!
Old August 10th 05, 04:40 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:07:12 +0000, Alexander Rogge
> wrote:

>A police car was coming down the passing lane at high-speed, with lights
>and siren on. An LLB in the lane stepped on the brakes so as to slow
>down to the speed of the cars in the right lane. After waiting for what
>seemed like too long, the cop swerved into the right lane, but then all
>the drivers in that lane stepped on their brakes.

If ever a situation called for the PIT maneuver, this was it.