I have a 2000 Dodge Neon

Old July 31st 05, 02:19 PM
hialeahboy

Default I have a 2000 Dodge Neon

The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason why it
came on? thanks

Old July 31st 05, 04:51 PM
Dan C

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:19:40 -0400, hialeahboy wrote:

> The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason why it
> came on? thanks

Probably something is going wrong in the engine.

Linux Registered User #327951

Old August 1st 05, 03:32 AM
James C. Reeves

"Dan C" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:19:40 -0400, hialeahboy wrote:
>
>> The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason why it
>> came on? thanks

> Probably something is going wrong in the engine.

It could be something simple, like a bad sensor. Have a mechanic read the
codes.

Old August 1st 05, 06:50 AM
LouieHow

hialeahboy wrote:

> The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason why it
> came on? thanks

Something broke.

Get the codes scanned to find out what.

Old August 2nd 05, 04:06 PM
hialeahboy

I was about to get the car checked for the trouble code, but the check
engine light disappeared now... Does this give anyone any clue of what
it could be?

Old August 2nd 05, 07:39 PM
rob

if it set a code its still in there, go get it scanned

Old August 8th 05, 06:38 AM
tuner98

"" wrote:
> The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason
> why it
> came on? thanks

Something can be goin on with the engine. I have a 1998 Neon and I
have a way of getting the trouble shooting codes from the on board
computer by using your key. It might not work on the newer Neons but
its worth a try. Don’t worry it won’t harm your car. Ok, with the
engine NOT running turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON. ( must be
done within 5 seconds) Make sure the car did’nt start. The check
engine light will begin to blink. It will blink the number of the
first digit and then pause and will blink the number of the second
digit. Example: say the code is 24 the light will blink 2 times,
pause, then blink 4 times. I have the codes in repair manual. Get back
to me with the code and I’ll look it up for you.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-2000...ict131497.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=644164

2000 Dodge Neon johnreyes Dodge 1 June 1st 05 02:26 AM
Got to love that HEMI. Here is some info on it. In our Dodge and Jeep Scott S. Dodge 0 March 31st 05 10:36 AM
2000 Dodge Neon (Ticking, Noisy starting engine) Ken Dodge 14 April 23rd 04 04:06 PM