Latest Mustang & Camaro Sales Figures

Old June 28th 11, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken H

Default Latest Mustang & Camaro Sales Figures

> I don't get it. *Are Camaro buyers cross-shopping the Mustang?
> Because if they were they'd quickly realize how bad the interior and
> the view out is compared to Ford's pony car...
>
> Patrick

I looked over the Camaro (and Challenger) and crossed both off my
list. The Challenger because of the shaky look of Chrysler (and their
'Build Your Own' website never worked...seriously, if that ain't
working what else isn't??). I crossed off the Camaro because of a
laughably small trunk (the back seats don't even fold down I don't
think) and no navigation option. How do you build a car in that price
range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option? Plus
there were the little things like the fore mentioned poor visiblity
and placing vital instruments at the bottom of the center console (I
get the whole retro thing but that was stupid).

In the end I got the Mustang GT Premium, not because it was all that
was left, not because it was American, but because it was the best,
period.

Ken
Old July 1st 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 28, 3:02*pm, Ken H > wrote:

>How do you build a car in that price
>range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option?

Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?

That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit
stuck in your dash.

Patrick

Old July 2nd 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

On 7/1/2011 5:35 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On Jun 28, 3:02 pm, Ken > wrote:
>
>> How do you build a car in that price
>> range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option?

> Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?
>
> That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit
> stuck in your dash.
>
> Patrick

Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual
GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a
built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And
then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver
like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.

Dick in MN
Old July 3rd 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"Dickr" > wrote in message
> On 7/1/2011 5:35 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 3:02 pm, Ken > wrote:
>>
>>> How do you build a car in that price
>>> range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option?

>> Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?
>>
>> That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit
>> stuck in your dash.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual
> GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a
> built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And
> then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver
> like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.
>
> Dick in MN

Forgive me... I just find it odd, perhaps because I'm OLD now, that anyone
would pick out a performance automobile based on whether it has GPS and what
kind.

What happened to the good old days, when driving was what mattered, and
stopping to ask for directions was always an argument?

dwight

Old July 5th 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jun 28, 8:02*pm, Ken H > wrote:
> > I don't get it. *Are Camaro buyers cross-shopping the Mustang?
> > Because if they were they'd quickly realize how bad the interior and
> > the view out is compared to Ford's pony car...

> > Patrick

> I looked over the Camaro (and Challenger) and crossed both off my
> list. The Challenger because of the shaky look of Chrysler (and their
> 'Build Your Own' website never worked...seriously, if that ain't
> working what else isn't??). I crossed off the Camaro because of a
> laughably small trunk (the back seats don't even fold down I don't
> think) and no navigation option. How do you build a car in that price
> range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option? Plus
> there were the little things like the fore mentioned poor visiblity
> and placing vital instruments at the bottom of the center console (I
> get the whole retro thing but that was stupid).
>
> In the end I got the Mustang GT Premium, not because it was all that
> was left, not because it was American, but because it was the best,
> period.
>
> Ken

Back seats fold down in the Camaro. The trunk is a fairly good size,
it's just a small opening. So yes, it can be tricky getting things in
and out but there is quite a bit of room in there, especially if you
fold down the seats... You should see the looks I get when I pulled my
bicycle out of the trunk!!! LOL!
Old July 6th 11, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
repairman54

"Dickr" > wrote in message
> On 7/1/2011 5:35 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 3:02 pm, Ken > wrote:
>>
>>> How do you build a car in that price
>>> range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option?

>> Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?
>>
>> That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit
>> stuck in your dash.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual
> GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a
> built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And
> then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver
> like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.
>
> Dick in MN

Expensive update discs sold by the parts dept. .

Old July 7th 11, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

On 7/6/2011 5:53 AM, repairman54 wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?
>>>
>>> That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit
>>> stuck in your dash.
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>

>> Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual
>> GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a
>> built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And
>> then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver
>> like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.
>>
>> Dick in MN
>>

> Expensive update discs sold by the parts dept. .

A new Garmin unit with free lifetime updates can be purchased in the
$120-140
price range. A built in unit probably costs more ... a lot more!

Dick

Old July 8th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-07-07, Dickr > wrote:
> On 7/6/2011 5:53 AM, repairman54 wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual
>>> GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a
>>> built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And
>>> then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver
>>> like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.
>>>
>>> Dick in MN
>>>

>> Expensive update discs sold by the parts dept. .
>>

> A new Garmin unit with free lifetime updates can be purchased in the
> $120-140
> price range. A built in unit probably costs more ... a lot more!

Navigation is part of the electronics package... an extra $2300 on the
mustang.

Old July 8th 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jul 3, 7:23*am, "dwight" > wrote:
> "Dickr" > wrote in message

> >> Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?

> >> That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit
> >> stuck in your dash.

> >> Patrick

> > Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual
> > GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a
> > built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And
> > then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver
> > like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.

> Forgive me... I just find it odd, perhaps because I'm OLD now, that anyone
> would pick out a performance automobile based on whether it has GPS and what
> kind.

> What happened to the good old days, when driving was what mattered, and
> stopping to ask for directions was always an argument?

Wow! You MUST be old!

Patrick
(Still trying to believe "old" = 10 years older than my current age.)

Old July 9th 11, 10:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 7/8/2011 15:05, NoOp wrote:
> On Jul 3, 7:23 am, > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> What happened to the good old days, when driving was what mattered, and
>> stopping to ask for directions was always an argument?

> Wow! You MUST be old!
>
> Patrick
> (Still trying to believe "old" = 10 years older than my current age.)

That only works for so long, sooner or later you HAVE to stop
counting...