Service Engine Soon...

Old May 22nd 05, 10:16 PM
Brigitte

Default Service Engine Soon...

The SES light on my 99 T&C came on today. I'm not able to get the codes
like I can on my 95 GC. I just had the vehicle in for transmission service
a few days ago. All I had done was the transmission fluid changed. Is it
possible the SES light could be related to this maintenance?

I'm worried the shop didn't use the right transmission fluid, since I know
these vans can be very particular about the fluids used in them. I didn't
take it to a Chrysler dealer because of the distance, and I'm thinking that
may have been a big mistake.

Any input is appreciated.

Brigitte

Old May 23rd 05, 02:29 AM
Bob Shuman

Not likely, but they may have messed something else up. You need to get the
code read to determine the cause. Autozone reads these for free and will
give you the code and description.

Bob

Old May 23rd 05, 11:13 AM
jdoe

Barring anything messed up it's possibly the egr valve or if you got
gasoline recently it may the gas cap is loose.
Larry

Old May 23rd 05, 12:30 PM
Brigitte

"jdoe" > wrote in message
> Barring anything messed up it's possibly the egr valve or if you got
> gasoline recently it may the gas cap is loose.
> Larry

Hi Lary,
I'll check the gas cap. Thanks

Brigitte

Old May 23rd 05, 03:35 PM
NoName

We don't seem to have an AutoZone close to us. But I wonder, are their
prices on "parts" discounted? or are they average?

Old May 23rd 05, 11:11 PM
Brigitte

"Brigitte" > wrote in message
> The SES light on my 99 T&C came on today. I'm not able to get the codes
> like I can on my 95 GC. I just had the vehicle in for transmission

service
> a few days ago. All I had done was the transmission fluid changed. Is it
> possible the SES light could be related to this maintenance?
>
> I'm worried the shop didn't use the right transmission fluid, since I know
> these vans can be very particular about the fluids used in them. I didn't
> take it to a Chrysler dealer because of the distance, and I'm thinking

that
> may have been a big mistake.
>
> Any input is appreciated.
>
> Brigitte

Turns out it was the coil. I had them replace the plugs and wires too,
while they were at it. They were going to need to be replaced in 10k miles
anyway.

Thanks to all that replied.

Brigitte

Old May 24th 05, 02:15 AM
mic canic

by me there is a few big chains now and autozone has been beating the pants all
the rest
example fuel pump for a 69 newport was 14.00 there and all the rest wanted
30.+and it carries the lifetime warranty

Old May 24th 05, 03:15 PM
David

"mic canic" > wrote in message
> by me there is a few big chains now and autozone has been beating the
> pants all
> the rest
> example fuel pump for a 69 newport was 14.00 there and all the rest wanted
> 30.+and it carries the lifetime warranty

Yep, And I also fell for that @#%$% also. Lifetime warranty on there cheaper
priced starter. have had to return it three times in a year and a half for
replacement. the $30.00 price difference is worth crawling under the car
every 4 months!
NOT!!!