Survey: Would a GM Bankruptcy Increase orf Decrease the Value ofCorvettes?

Old November 20th 08, 01:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BottleBob

Default Survey: Would a GM Bankruptcy Increase orf Decrease the Value ofCorvettes?

Just Curious.

Which do your think would happen - a decrease in value due to possible
decline in parts availability?
Or an increase in value since the Corvettes on the road now might very
wall be the last ones made?

[ ] Decrease in Value.

[ ] Increase in Value.

[ ] No Change in Value.

Comments:

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Old November 20th 08, 03:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_2_]

In article > ,

[ x] Increase in Value.
Old November 20th 08, 05:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

On Nov 20, 8:54 am, BottleBob > wrote:

> Which do your think would happen - a decrease in value due to possible
> decline in parts availability?

Nope. Even if OEM parts dried up, the aftermarket will take care of
us. Besides, as long as people will buy parts, the suppliers will
make them.

> Or an increase in value since the Corvettes on the road now might very
> wall be the last ones made?

At least the last ones made without some foreign company's logo.

But, like any other US car, it will be worth less each day than it was
the day before. Which is why people won't buy US cars. Which is why
they're worth less each day than the day before.

Old November 20th 08, 08:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
MikeSo

The Reverend Natural Light wrote:
> On Nov 20, 8:54 am, BottleBob > wrote:
>>
>> Which do your think would happen - a decrease in value due
>> to possible decline in parts availability?
>>

> Nope. Even if OEM parts dried up, the aftermarket will take care of
> us. Besides, as long as people will buy parts, the suppliers will
> make them.
>

>> Or an increase in value since the Corvettes on the road now
>> might very wall be the last ones made?
>>

> At least the last ones made without some foreign company's logo.
>
> But, like any other US car, it will be worth less each day than it was
> the day before. Which is why people won't buy US cars. Which is why
> they're worth less each day than the day before.

How many foreign built cars increase in value day after day following the
initial purchase?

While US autos may devalue at a more rapid rate, ALL currently built
automobiles will decrease in value.

For our beloved Corvettes and their owners, those with C4s, C5s or C6s may
have to wait 15-20 years for the value to bottom out and the collector car
market to begin driving the value back up. I won't be holding my breath for
my '04 to reach its original sticker price any time soon. :-)

--

Thanks,
Mike

Old November 21st 08, 03:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
drb[_2_]

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:54:45 -0800, BottleBob >
wrote:

>Just Curious.
>
> Which do your think would happen - a decrease in value due to possible
>decline in parts availability?
> Or an increase in value since the Corvettes on the road now might very
>wall be the last ones made?
>
>[ ] Decrease in Value.
>
>[ ] Increase in Value.
>
>[ ] No Change in Value.
>
>Comments:

Worthless question. Automakers will get the money from congress but
not the $25 billion they seek.
Old November 21st 08, 04:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Fred C. Dobbs

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:48:43 -0800 (PST), The Reverend Natural Light
> wrote:

>On Nov 20, 8:54 am, BottleBob > wrote:
>>
>> Which do your think would happen - a decrease in value due to possible
>> decline in parts availability?
>>

>Nope. Even if OEM parts dried up, the aftermarket will take care of
>us. Besides, as long as people will buy parts, the suppliers will
>make them.
>

>> Or an increase in value since the Corvettes on the road now might very
>> wall be the last ones made?
>>

>At least the last ones made without some foreign company's logo.
>
>But, like any other US car, it will be worth less each day than it was
>the day before. Which is why people won't buy US cars. Which is why
>they're worth less each day than the day before.

I vote for increase ... eventually

This may not be a good example but having experience wit MG's (Not to
compare MG with Corvette directly, but as a popular sports car).

The First MGB was made in 1962 the last MGB was made in the late 1980,
They were pretty abysmal by then just like most late 70's early 80's
cars. Anyway initially the prices fell and they were cheap. but they
made so many of them and most of them were shipped to the US that
there were many aftermarket suppliers. Slowly there value increased.
Eventually a bunch of the former employees that built them got
together and formed a Trust. They had the tools and dies to stamp out
body panels. You could get body parts made on the original tool &
dies. Eventually you could buy a whole new body built by the people
who built them originally. Then in the 1990's a new V8 model was
commissioned by rover and they turned to the Trust to supply the body
parts. Although the revival was short lived and the Chinese now own
MG (The assets of MG Rover were bought by Chinese carmaker Nanjing
Automobile in July 2005 who themselves were bought by SAIC in December
2007) The MGB is still running strong. I have seen some examples that
are better than New with modern interiors and electronics not unlike
some of the 'Resto Rods" C1s that have been built up on C4 suspension
and with Ls1 replacing the old 283 V8.

So I imagine that there are a lot of people who are willing to
support the Corvette and step up to the plate when they have to.
I would be surprised to see Corvette as a stand along car company with
some wealthy industrialist billionaire owning it.

Besides GM is not going anywhere except maybe China.
http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/11...-and-chrysler/
Let's hope not!

I plan to buy a new GM car with in the next few months as soon as I
pay off my 2005 C6.

Buy new Domestic Car. The Job you save may be your own!

Fred

Old November 22nd 08, 09:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX[_2_]

> Besides GM is not going anywhere except maybe China.
> http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/11...-and-chrysler/
> Let's hope not!

And built in Russia
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...07/224691.html

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old November 22nd 08, 09:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX[_2_]

--
ZÿRiX

Old November 23rd 08, 02:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
darden25

Ain't worth a damn unless you got a buyer.

BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY PREMA Ford Mustang 0 June 14th 08 05:43 PM
BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY PRIYA Technology 0 June 11th 08 04:40 PM
Decrease in mileage, solved Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott VW air cooled 1 May 31st 05 09:54 PM
91 civic stalls, decrease in mpg [email protected] Honda 6 February 6th 05 08:10 PM
price decrease before arrival new models jp General 0 July 5th 04 04:20 AM