I'm impressed, thankful and regretful

Old October 19th 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
drb[_2_]

Default I'm impressed, thankful and regretful

I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. At first my
thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
(over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. I'm beginning to believe
it's NOT over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and his
wife owned a C5. They were about our ages and they liked their red
corvette a lot till it was in an accident. I don't know the details
of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't the
same after the accident (whatever that means). I don't know what he
replaced it with.

I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. I appreciate the fast
informative replies. I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes.

My only regret is I didn't mean to start any flames among contributors
and I apologize for that. My questions are meant only to educate me.

Thanks all.

ps- I haven't googled yet but does anyone know if I can download a
C6 owner's manual? Maybe some of it will answer my past and future
questions.
Old October 19th 08, 09:58 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX[_2_]

"drb" wrote in message ...
> I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. At first my
> thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
> (over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. I'm beginning to believe
> it's NOT over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and his
> wife owned a C5. They were about our ages and they liked their red
> corvette a lot till it was in an accident. I don't know the details
> of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't the
> same after the accident (whatever that means). I don't know what he
> replaced it with.
>
> I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. I appreciate the fast
> informative replies. I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
> people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes.
>
> My only regret is I didn't mean to start any flames among contributors
> and I apologize for that. My questions are meant only to educate me.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> ps- I haven't googled yet but does anyone know if I can download a
> C6 owner's manual? Maybe some of it will answer my past and future
> questions.

No Biggie that would go on if you asked your questions or not...

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owners Manual Navigation and GTK
by: PDF STORE
Price: $9.99
http://tinyurl.com/2007C6Vett
http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i....nd-detail.html

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old October 19th 08, 02:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
drb[_2_]

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:58:01 -0500, ZÿRiX > wrote:

>"drb" wrote in message ...
>> I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. At first my
>> thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
>> (over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. I'm beginning to believe
>> it's NOT over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and his
>> wife owned a C5. They were about our ages and they liked their red
>> corvette a lot till it was in an accident. I don't know the details
>> of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't the
>> same after the accident (whatever that means). I don't know what he
>> replaced it with.
>>
>> I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. I appreciate the fast
>> informative replies. I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
>> people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes.
>>
>> My only regret is I didn't mean to start any flames among contributors
>> and I apologize for that. My questions are meant only to educate me.
>>
>> Thanks all.
>>
>> ps- I haven't googled yet but does anyone know if I can download a
>> C6 owner's manual? Maybe some of it will answer my past and future
>> questions.

>No Biggie that would go on if you asked your questions or not...
>

>2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owners Manual Navigation and GTK
>by: PDF STORE
>Price: $9.99
>http://tinyurl.com/2007C6Vett
>http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i....nd-detail.html

Thank you. I managed to find it on line but not sure I could save it
as a whole but at least I can read it.

I forgot to say earlier that I am impressed that my wife gives me
permission to buy a new Corvette without question. I think the
reasons are that we can now afford it and her co-worker had liked
theirs till their accident. This may impress me even more than the
Corvette owners positive reviews <grin>.

I am trying to do some research now because I think that it might be
best to buy it either in December or January. I need to test drive
one too.

Thanks for your help.
Old October 19th 08, 02:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

<drb> wrote in message
> I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. At first my
> thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
> (over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. I'm beginning to believe
> it's NOT over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and
> his
> wife owned a C5. They were about our ages and they liked their red
> corvette a lot till it was in an accident. I don't know the details
> of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't the
> same after the accident (whatever that means). I don't know what he
> replaced it with.
>
> I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. I appreciate the fast
> informative replies. I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
> people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes.

Some of the "not the same after the accident" may well be an imaginary
difference and if not the job was not done correctly. Did my first
body repair in 1954 and still doing restoration today and sadly you
don't always get what you pay for from many shops.

Anyway, try this site for free download.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ManualActually it is the 2008 manual.Good luck
Old October 19th 08, 02:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> <drb> wrote in message
>> I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. At first
>> my
>> thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
>> (over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. I'm beginning to believe
>> it's NOT over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and
>> his
>> wife owned a C5. They were about our ages and they liked their red
>> corvette a lot till it was in an accident. I don't know the
>> details
>> of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't
>> the
>> same after the accident (whatever that means). I don't know what
>> he
>> replaced it with.
>>
>> I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. I appreciate the fast
>> informative replies. I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
>> people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes.
>>

> Some of the "not the same after the accident" may well be an
> imaginary difference and if not the job was not done correctly. Did
> my first body repair in 1954 and still doing restoration today and
> sadly you don't always get what you pay for from many shops.
>
> Anyway, try this site for free download.
> http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ManualActually
> it is the 2008 manual.Good luck

Oops, that is the 2006.

Old October 19th 08, 05:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Oct 18, 11:53*pm, drb wrote:
> I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. *At first my
> thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
> (over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. * I'm beginning to believe
> it's *NOT *over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and his
> wife owned a C5. *They were about our ages and they liked their red
> corvette a lot till it was in an accident. *I don't know the details
> of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't the
> same after the accident (whatever that means). *I don't know what he
> replaced it with.
>
> I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. * I appreciate the fast
> informative replies. *I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
> people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes. *
>
> My only regret is I didn't mean to start any flames among contributors
> and I apologize for that. *My questions are meant only to educate me.
>
> Thanks all. *
>
> ps- * I haven't googled yet but does anyone know if I can download a
> C6 owner's manual? *Maybe some of it will answer my past and future
> questions.

The C6 is a very much improved Corvette over previous generations and
im pretty satisfied with my 2006 . However , there are some
improvements that are needed in order to make it a superb car in my
estimation , and others estimation. But for the money i paid for my
basic package 2006 C6 which was $39,990 new, it is a very good value
that packs lots of fun and pride of ownership. Regards.
Old October 19th 08, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

<drb> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:58:01 -0500, ZÿRiX > wrote:
>
>>"drb" wrote in message ...
>>> I'm impressed after reading a lot of reviews on the C6. At first my
>>> thought was either I'm reading a bunch of over enthusiastic owners
>>> (over crazed) or it's one heck of a car. I'm beginning to believe
>>> it's NOT over- enthusiastic owners after my wife's co worker and his
>>> wife owned a C5. They were about our ages and they liked their red
>>> corvette a lot till it was in an accident. I don't know the details
>>> of the accident but my wife told me he sold it because it wasn't the
>>> same after the accident (whatever that means). I don't know what he
>>> replaced it with.
>>>
>>> I'm also thankful for this newsgroup. I appreciate the fast
>>> informative replies. I can see some really knowledgeable Corvette
>>> people who in turn can see how little I know about Corvettes.
>>>
>>> My only regret is I didn't mean to start any flames among contributors
>>> and I apologize for that. My questions are meant only to educate me.
>>>
>>> Thanks all.
>>>
>>> ps- I haven't googled yet but does anyone know if I can download a
>>> C6 owner's manual? Maybe some of it will answer my past and future
>>> questions.

>>No Biggie that would go on if you asked your questions or not...
>>

>>2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owners Manual Navigation and GTK
>>by: PDF STORE
>>Price: $9.99
>>http://tinyurl.com/2007C6Vett
>>http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i....nd-detail.html

> Thank you. I managed to find it on line but not sure I could save it
> as a whole but at least I can read it.
>
> I forgot to say earlier that I am impressed that my wife gives me
> permission to buy a new Corvette without question. I think the
> reasons are that we can now afford it and her co-worker had liked
> theirs till their accident. This may impress me even more than the
> Corvette owners positive reviews <grin>.
>
> I am trying to do some research now because I think that it might be
> best to buy it either in December or January. I need to test drive
> one too.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I spent a bunch of time looking for a new one. I doubt the price will fall
much more than it is regarding new. I figure that after election the price
might head up again imo.Used, when people fall on hard times the toy's are
usually the first things to go so a used might be a good deal. Having said
that, I honestly found used prices a bit out of whack when considering what
you can buy new for. Also buying a new in stock vette now will avoid the
$1,500 increase.

I just bought one from http://www.macmulkinchevrolet.com/ No bs, no doc
fees, no prep fees, just a very trouble free deal. Oh, they give you a temp
plate that is good for 20 days as well. I highly recommend them. They
matched or were cheape than other dealers.All the usual disclaimers