It's official!

Old April 21st 05, 11:39 AM
Steve Smith

Default It's official!

Sim racing is now recognized by the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_racing

(Note the plug for AutoSimSport at the bottom!)

Old April 21st 05, 11:46 AM
Dan Leach

"Steve Smith" > wrote in message
> Sim racing is now recognized by the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_racing
>
> (Note the plug for AutoSimSport at the bottom!)

GPL doesn't get a mention?
jeez

Old April 21st 05, 02:29 PM
artie beamer

> GPL doesn't get a mention?
> jeez

so edit it
Old April 21st 05, 03:11 PM
Steve Whitty

"Dan Leach" > wrote in message

> "Steve Smith" > wrote in message
>> Sim racing is now recognized by the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_racing
>>
>> (Note the plug for AutoSimSport at the bottom!)
>>

> GPL doesn't get a mention?
> jeez

GPL gets its own page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Legends

cheers

steve

Old April 21st 05, 03:53 PM
Steve Smith

Thx, Steve!

Old April 21st 05, 07:21 PM
Tony Rickard

"Dan Leach" wrote:

> "Steve Smith" > wrote in message
> > Sim racing is now recognized by the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_racing
> >

> GPL doesn't get a mention?
> jeez

That's cos "GP4 does remain though the game of choice for most leagues in
the world"

No mention of online racing...

Cheers
Tony

Old April 22nd 05, 06:07 AM
John DiFool

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:39:59 GMT, "Steve Smith"
> wrote:

>Sim racing is now recognized by the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_racing
>
>(Note the plug for AutoSimSport at the bottom!)

It does seem very provincially oriented to the GP series for some
odd reason (obviously the work of a fanboy). Just how popular is
GP nowadays? [Checks RSC's GP subforum] About 20 posts in
this month, compared to over 10,000 (guess) for the GPL
subforum (F1C et al. also dwarfs GP's posts, even NR2003 after
the First controversy died down). Someone with less of a bias
should go and edit it-in particular we've had a lot of sports car
titles come out lately so:

"One particular feature of sim racing is its emphasis on Formula 1, as
opposed to other open-wheel racing series, sports and rally cars, and
most of all NASCAR..."

Got a chuckle out of that one...

John DiFool

Old April 22nd 05, 07:04 AM
Ruud Dingemans

Dan Leach wrote:

>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_racing

> GPL doesn't get a mention?

Hmmm, I think GPL got a separate mention a while ago. This general
write-up seems to made by a rather obvious GP2/3/4 user, however.
(Although Crammon's Revs basically started the simracing genre I wonder
how many simmers would count those titles to be hardcore "sims", btw..)

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank -24)
Old April 22nd 05, 11:59 AM
PietD

rofl: Strangely enough, there are no English sim racers.

Old April 22nd 05, 01:48 PM

just a thought.

in a few years, how many people would consider GPL, NR2003, etc to be
hardcore "sims" ?

it's all relative, i guess.

Revs gave me more than enough goosebumps to rank as a hardcore sim of
its day.