Key Fob Question

Old August 29th 08, 09:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roscoe[_2_]

Default Key Fob Question

My fob stopped working so I bought another. In screwing around to see
if I can fix the broken one, I discovered that the circuit board has a
small rattle in it. I checked and sure enough, the brand new one has
the same rattle so it must be there for a reason. My guess is something
to do with the active/passive feature (?). Any suggestions? Thanks
Old August 29th 08, 10:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
charlie

"Roscoe" > wrote in message
. ..
> My fob stopped working so I bought another. In screwing around to see if
> I can fix the broken one, I discovered that the circuit board has a small
> rattle in it. I checked and sure enough, the brand new one has the same
> rattle so it must be there for a reason. My guess is something to do with
> the active/passive feature (?). Any suggestions? Thanks

there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.

if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
activate the fob by rocking the car.

Old August 29th 08, 10:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roscoe[_2_]

Thanks Charlie!
When Chevy makes a quality car they don't screw around.
Corvette...accept no substitutes.

Old September 5th 08, 05:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

> there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.
>
> if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
> activate the fob by rocking the car.

I ain't buying that................................... Is it in the
owner's manual?

Ed

Old September 5th 08, 11:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Z˙RiX[_2_]

"Spud" > wrote in message

>> there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.
>>
>> if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
>> activate the fob by rocking the car.
>>

> I ain't buying that................................... Is it in the
> owner's manual?
>
> Ed

It only works on fobs like mine on my 98...

BUT if you leave your key and fob in the car hiw do you get locked out?

The guy up the street says it works I will unroll my window and try it this
weekend...

--
Z˙RiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old September 6th 08, 01:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Spud wrote:
>> there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.
>>
>> if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
>> activate the fob by rocking the car.
>>

> I ain't buying that................................... Is it in the
> owner's manual?
>
> Ed

Haven't checked the owners manual but I unlocked our '95 that way in a
gas station somewhere in the middle of Nebraska one day on vacation.
Just grabbed the rear fender drivers side and heaved on it a couple
times and "click", unlocked.
Old September 11th 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Spud wrote:

>>there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.
>>
>>if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
>>activate the fob by rocking the car.
>>

>I ain't buying that................................... Is it in the
>owner's manual?
>
>Ed

It's absolutely true.
There is a small ball bearing in the fob that activated the unlock when
rattled or moved.
When locking the keys in my '94, I just rock the car and it will unlock!
Very cool feature that I have showed off several times to people.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old September 11th 08, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
charlie

"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message
Spud wrote:

there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.

if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
activate the fob by rocking the car.

I ain't buying that................................... Is it in the
owner's manual?

Ed

It's absolutely true.
There is a small ball bearing in the fob that activated the unlock when
rattled or moved.
When locking the keys in my '94, I just rock the car and it will unlock!
Very cool feature that I have showed off several times to people.

--

note: the fob has to be in a place that allows it to move or swing (ie, in
the ignition). i once laid it on the dash above the steering wheel, and this

Old September 12th 08, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

charlie wrote:

>"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message
>Spud wrote:
>
>there's a pendulum in it so that it only activates when it's moving.
>
>if you lock yourself out of the car and the fob is in the car, you can
>activate the fob by rocking the car.
>

>I ain't buying that................................... Is it in the
>owner's manual?

Bush voter???? LOLOLOL

Old September 12th 08, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Z˙RiX[_2_]

Did not work with mine and it is a passive that rattles when you shake it...

--
Z˙RiX

ecom...