unusual accessory

Old June 6th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default unusual accessory

Hi again all. Wonder if someone could point me in the right direction here.
My former brother in law had this neon tape kit he bought. I don't know what
it is officially called but it sticks on like auto pinstriping and hooks
into the electrical system. When activated, it lights up, like active
glow-in-the-dark tape. Color is achieved by overlaying it with coloured
translucent tape. He had it on his snowmobile and it looked pretty neat. I'm
trying to find it for my boat but I am coming up short. I have found similar
stuff - glow wire for example - and glow tape but for commercial
applications and from Europe. Has anyone seen this in a common or on-line
auto detailing store?

Thanks

Old June 6th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:09:03 -0400, MajBach > wrote:

>Hi again all. Wonder if someone could point me in the right direction here.
>My former brother in law had this neon tape kit he bought. I don't know what
>it is officially called but it sticks on like auto pinstriping and hooks
>into the electrical system. When activated, it lights up, like active
>glow-in-the-dark tape. Color is achieved by overlaying it with coloured
>translucent tape. He had it on his snowmobile and it looked pretty neat. I'm
>trying to find it for my boat but I am coming up short. I have found similar
>stuff - glow wire for example - and glow tape but for commercial
>applications and from Europe. Has anyone seen this in a common or on-line
>auto detailing store?

Go to google, and search for 'dorkage.'

Old June 6th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Your mama's picture came up.

Old June 6th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:

> >Hi again all. Wonder if someone could point me in the right direction
> >here. My former brother in law had this neon tape kit he bought. I
> >don't know what it is officially called but it sticks on like auto
> >pinstriping and hooks into the electrical system. When activated,
> >it lights up, like active glow-in-the-dark tape. Color is achieved by
> >overlaying it with coloured translucent tape. He had it on his snowmobile
> >and it looked pretty neat. I'm trying to find it for my boat but I am
> >coming up short. I have found similar stuff - glow wire for example -
> >and glow tape but for commercial applications and from Europe. Has
> >anyone seen this in a common or on-line auto detailing store?

> Go to google, and search for 'dorkage.'

Almost lost a mouthful of coffee there.

Earle

Old June 6th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Another mouthful of coffee almost lost.

Earle