GTlegends ??

Old November 10th 05, 09:26 PM
PlowBoy

Default GTlegends ??

Ok,

I feel kind of dumb, maybe but wonder what you guys are setting in video
settings to see framerates I hear everyone stating?

My system is NOT high powered, older 2.4ghz machine, and my gfx card is teh
6600gt (invidia). What settings make the big difference, some of the cup
races have the screen crawling.

I know, some of you guys are really into tweaking this kind of thing and
have it mapped out, but I havent yet, so any help or ideas would be kind.

lastly everyone must've got GTL, nobody has time to post anymore? hehehe

Old November 10th 05, 10:48 PM
Jan Verschueren

"PlowBoy" wrote...
> Ok,
>
> I feel kind of dumb, maybe but wonder what you guys
> are setting in video settings to see framerates I hear
> everyone stating?
>
> My system is NOT high powered, older 2.4ghz machine, and
> my gfx card is teh 6600gt (invidia). What settings make the
> big difference, some of the cup races have the screen crawling.

Interesting question... I have an XP2800+ with an 9800Pro (untweaked).

I just left it at the selections the game made but for the shadows under the
cars: they cut my framerate in half on the busier sections of the tracks.
Framerate now bottoms at about 25fps, which is playable offline.

Jan.
=---

Old November 11th 05, 12:18 AM
Malc

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "PlowBoy" wrote...
> > Ok,
> >
> > I feel kind of dumb, maybe but wonder what you guys
> > are setting in video settings to see framerates I hear
> > everyone stating?
> >
> > My system is NOT high powered, older 2.4ghz machine, and
> > my gfx card is teh 6600gt (invidia). What settings make the
> > big difference, some of the cup races have the screen crawling.

> Interesting question... I have an XP2800+ with an 9800Pro (untweaked).
>
> I just left it at the selections the game made but for the shadows under

the
> cars: they cut my framerate in half on the busier sections of the tracks.
> Framerate now bottoms at about 25fps, which is playable offline.

XP3000 & 5900XP here, mine defaulted to 800x600x16bit which was a bit too
chunky but at 1024x768x32bit, DX8 with no AA & everything else default
in-game the basic framerate is in the 30's. The biggest problem is
stuttering while the textures load off the HD as I go out of the pits &
throughout the out-lap.

I tried it briefly with full details & 1600x1200 and no AI, it ran at about
15-18fps, and AA makes it choppy as hell on mine so for now I'm living with
the blockies & taking the higher framerate.

Malc.

Old November 11th 05, 12:33 AM
Alan Bernardo

"PlowBoy" > wrote in message
> Ok,
>
> I feel kind of dumb, maybe but wonder what you guys are setting in video
> settings to see framerates I hear everyone stating?
>
> My system is NOT high powered, older 2.4ghz machine, and my gfx card is
> teh 6600gt (invidia). What settings make the big difference, some of the
> cup races have the screen crawling.
>
> I know, some of you guys are really into tweaking this kind of thing and
> have it mapped out, but I havent yet, so any help or ideas would be kind.
>
> lastly everyone must've got GTL, nobody has time to post anymore? hehehe

Shadows are an FPS killer.

In the *.plr file, look at these:

Tire Sampling="0" // 0 = normal, 1 = extra HAT samples (*slightly* more
accurate over sharp curbs, otherwise a waste of CPU)

Trackside Characters="0"

Disable All Character Anims="1" ("0" is off, I believe)

Also, turn off replays completely if you want to save some frames and
possibly stuttering problems.

That's all I can think of right now. I have a 2.4 ghz with 512 RAM and a
6200OC and am able to get a good 30 throughout, after some extensive
tweaking.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 03:45 AM
Sting32

Is there a key to see the framerates? Id like to know what I am getting.

Old November 11th 05, 04:01 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Sting32" > wrote in message
om...
> Is there a key to see the framerates? Id like to know what I am getting.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it is CTRL-F.

Alanb

Old November 11th 05, 07:22 AM
RodP

In article >,
Sting32 says...

> Is there a key to see the framerates? Id like to know what I am getting.

ctrl-F, but there is a slight lag in the number coming up on the right
top of the screen. Press and wait, unlike myself who would press, wonder
where it was and press again to turn it off. :/

Cheers,
Rod.

Fastest car in GTLegends Jeff Reid Simulators 6 October 27th 05 06:50 PM
Remove GTLegends logo from replays Jeff Reid Simulators 7 October 26th 05 02:06 PM
GTLegends... GOLD PlowBoy Simulators 25 October 16th 05 08:02 AM
My rfactor and gtlegends demo videos are back up Jeff Reid Simulators 0 September 20th 05 05:35 PM
GTLegends, I can admit an OOOPS! PlowBoy Simulators 0 September 1st 05 02:51 PM