GT Legends -- I LIKE it!

Old November 3rd 05, 02:47 PM
G. Patricks

Default GT Legends -- I LIKE it!

Runs great without issues, Track IR (my TIR 3 Pro anyeway) works
flawlessly in it, excellent physics (IMO), and just downright FUN to
play. I even skipped using the "$$$ cheat" and am playing it starting
out with the old cars and working my way up slowly. Just bought a
Jaguar MKII to add to my Mini and Lotus Cortina (I LIKE the Cortina!),
can't wait to see how it runs..

Once I get a bit better i'll check out multiplayer, I win now using a
rather "pushy" technique... ;-)

GP
Old November 3rd 05, 05:53 PM
Jeff Reid

> Runs great without issues, Track IR (my TIR 3 Pro anyeway) works
> flawlessly in it, excellent physics (IMO), and just downright FUN to
> play. I even skipped using the "$$$ cheat" and am playing it starting
> out with the old cars and working my way up slowly. Just bought a
> Jaguar MKII to add to my Mini and Lotus Cortina (I LIKE the Cortina!),
> can't wait to see how it runs..

Warning, the career mode is 1039 laps total. Cup E is most of them,
730 laps, mostly 8 events at 20 laps a piece, plus 2 60 lap events.

If you get tired of this, you can edit your .PLR file, changing
Vehical Removal time from 30.0000 seconds to 0.0100 seconds, which
causes the AI to dissappear at the start of a race. You can then
quit and all get a DNF, but you remain at the top of the leaderboard,
winning all cups without running any laps.

The money cheat is good because you can buy all but the 11 cars that
you win during career mode. You can run more of a variety of cars
during career mode.

Old November 3rd 05, 07:43 PM
Chad Rogers

You will have most of the cars and tracks available to you after finishing
cup c and you will have enough money to buy anything you want. I am just
starting cup D and have all but 2 tracks unlocked and can buy any car(with
the exception of the locked ones). I think it's a good learning curve to
try the single player, without it I would have never driven the smaller
cars/tracks.

Chad

Old November 3rd 05, 11:36 PM
G. Patricks

Thanks Jeff, i'll keep going as long as I can, If I ever get to a
point where i'm not enjoying the competition i'll give your method a
go.

GP

Old November 4th 05, 12:07 AM
Tony Rickard

G. Patricks wrote:
> Runs great without issues, Track IR (my TIR 3 Pro anyeway) works
> flawlessly in it, excellent physics (IMO), and just downright FUN to
> play. I even skipped using the "$$$ cheat" and am playing it starting
> out with the old cars and working my way up slowly. Just bought a
> Jaguar MKII to add to my Mini and Lotus Cortina (I LIKE the Cortina!),
> can't wait to see how it runs..
>
> Once I get a bit better i'll check out multiplayer, I win now using a
> rather "pushy" technique... ;-)

Hi Gareth, I got mine from Sweden, arrived not long before the UK release

After finishing the A and B series I used Jeff's advice to speed up the
progress just so I could try all the cars. I just love the Porsche 911.
I wasn't keen on the shortened tracks though the slower cars are also fun.

A quick venture online seems pretty stable so far.

I like it too

Cheers
Tony

Old November 4th 05, 04:20 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Don't let Byron read you saying that!

Bruce

Old November 4th 05, 12:26 PM
Mr. Sylvestre

G. Patricks wrote:
> Runs great without issues, Track IR (my TIR 3 Pro anyeway) works
> flawlessly in it, excellent physics (IMO), and just downright FUN to
> play. I even skipped using the "$$$ cheat" and am playing it starting
> out with the old cars and working my way up slowly. (...)

I like it too, and so far I resisted the temptation to use Jeff Reid's
trick to unlock cars & circuits faster. I must say I had a mixed
opinion after the demo, but I have been proven wrong on two counts:

- the car/circuit locking isn't as bad a thing as it seems; being forced
to drive the "lesser" cars before jumping into the Pantera or Cobra is
probably a good thing as you progressively adapt and refine your
sim-driving skills;

- these old-cars-with-modern-tyres-and-setups-on-modern-tracks are in
fact fun to drive in the sim. Most modern tracks might look boring for
F1 racing, but blasting through chicanes in Cortina's or Alfa GTA's is
plenty of fun.

One gripe though, the gamma setting that Simbin used for the graphics is
really much too low (dark). With the default settings, racing at any
time other than 14:00 is very unpleasant (yes, I do know how to use the
headlights). Thankfully, downloading the ATI tray tools and defining a
game profile saved the day (and made driving in the night possible).

The FPS are not stellar on my P4 2.8GHz/ATI9800pro system *BUT* while
35-40 FPS might seem low by today's standards, the game is very smooth
at this rate (also remember that GPL is limited to 36 FPS)

Overall, I am glad I bought GT Legends at full price now rather than
waiting for it to appear in the bargain bin as I planned to initially,
but IMHO, the demo would have been more effective had it included a car
such as the Cortina or Alfa instead of the Type E or the Corvette. Or
maybe I just suck at driving the more glamorous cars

Regards,
Mr. Sylvestre
Old November 4th 05, 12:49 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:47:06 -0500, G Patricks wrote:
> Runs great without issues, Track IR (my TIR 3 Pro anyeway) works
> flawlessly in it, excellent physics (IMO), and just downright FUN to
> play. I even skipped using the "$$$ cheat" and am playing it starting
> out with the old cars and working my way up slowly. Just bought a

I like it too, but fps are horrible in single player / AI races. I get
less than 20fps in the mini challenge at Anderstorp at night which
really is too low to provide enjoyable racing. I've tried reducing the
settings and using different dx levels, but it didn't have any
signifcant impact on performance (GTR, GPL, rf and friends all run fine
on my 9800 pro / amd64 3200+ / 1gb ddr-400 RAM).

Any advice what settings I could try to improve fps?

Cheers, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old November 4th 05, 02:06 PM
G. Patricks

Have you tried all the suggestions on page 30 of the GTL manual?
I would try it with less AI cars, that usually has the greatest
effect.. I havn't had any issues and I run a PIV 3000, 6800 GT
(256MB), and 1GB DDR..

Latest video drivers? Try Omega's? I always found them to be
excellent..

Old November 4th 05, 02:11 PM
G. Patricks

It's funny how different people react to the demo car choices. For me,
I liked the Lotus and couldn't do crap in the Jag or Corvette. A buddy
of mine just got the demo and he loves the Corvette.. I think it's a
testament to the physics engine, good or bad, that different cars
"feel" more comfortable right off the bat. I drive a rear engine car
on/off track in RL and I do better in a lighter, oversteering
situation.

Not sure why I like the Lotus Cortina so much, but I do... 8-).

GP

Racing Legends Tim Epstein Simulators 30 November 7th 05 11:51 PM
Racing Legends cancelled. reggie white Simulators 134 August 30th 05 11:01 PM
Need NASCAR LEGENDS files ... believe it or not ........ .......... Doug Simulators 16 May 31st 05 10:08 PM
Racing Legends forums gone? [email protected] Simulators 13 February 3rd 05 08:29 PM
FS: 1992 GSS "Legends Of Indy" Rick MMears "Autographed" Card J.R. Sinclair General 0 April 5th 04 06:36 AM