GTR and rFacror

Old November 5th 05, 09:44 PM
Chad Rogers

Default GTR and rFacror

Because they are overpowered and have too much downforce, feel like an
arcade game to me as well as most of the folks who have run them. More so
running them on the little tracks that come with the game.

Old November 5th 05, 09:45 PM
Marc Collins

My point was that you wouldn't be to tell whether a car was FWD or RWD from
the in-game handling. This is not the case with GPL where the rear drive
and weight bias is very evident. It is also not the case with GTR or GTL or
LFS. You can tell what wheels are driving the car in LFS blind folded and
with no sound (in case the engine "note" gives it away) within about 10
metres. rFactor is a big mystery...at least with the out-of-the-box
settings.

Marc

. 97.136...

Old November 5th 05, 10:04 PM
Jeff Reid

> Because they are overpowered and have too much downforce, feel like an arcade game to me as well as most of the folks
> who have run them. More so running them on the little tracks that come with the game.

F1 race cars are just fast, and very popular in Europe.

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/spaf1.wmv

Formula's in rFactor seem about right to me:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rfrf1tgp.wmv

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rfrf1sh.wmv

Old November 5th 05, 10:06 PM
Jeff Reid

> My point was that you wouldn't be to tell whether a car was FWD or RWD from the in-game handling.
You must have forgot to turn off assists.

> You can tell what wheels are driving the car in LFS blind folded
> within about 10 metres.

Easy test, if you're facing backwards after 10 meters, it must be a
RWD car in LFS.

Old November 6th 05, 12:02 AM
Dave Henrie

"Marc Collins" > wrote in
:

> My point was that you wouldn't be to tell whether a car was FWD or RWD
> from the in-game handling. This is not the case with GPL where the
> rear drive and weight bias is very evident. It is also not the case
> with GTR or GTL or LFS. You can tell what wheels are driving the car
> in LFS blind folded and with no sound (in case the engine "note" gives
> it away) within about 10 metres. rFactor is a big mystery...at least
> with the out-of-the-box settings.
>
> Marc

So when I break the rear end loose, and floor the accelerator to bring
it back inline, that isn't telling me I have FWD? The default car is so
underpowered you can't drive it like a supertouring car, but once you get
some power, you can pretty much burn up the fronts in a few laps using them
to pull you through the turns.
dh
Old November 6th 05, 03:34 AM
Scott B. Husted

Chad Rogers wrote:
> Keep dreaming! That should be any day know. Most of us will be in leagues
> with GTR2 or GTL by the time all of that happens.

It's not a dream. When GTL will probably have few, if any, quality
mods, rFactor will have morphed into a sim where you can run just about
any type of car you choose. Considering the tools haven't even been
released yet for rFactor, I wouldn't call the development of rFactor
mods anemic. Once the tools are available and development can move at a
higher pace, you will see rFactor grow.

I have both, and I like GTL.. but it gets about 1/5th the run time of
rFactor at this time. I really dislike the feel of the interface layout
in GTL, which is a minor complaint all things considered. I suspect
I'll get into GTL more as I unlock more cars that are more interesting
to drive. Even so, I'll only be running GTL when I feel like driving
those vehicles. With rFactor, I'll be able to run numerous types of
vehicles... and probably the same ones available in GTL with the same
tracks. If that happens, what would compel me to run GTL over rFactor?

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old November 6th 05, 06:47 AM
Chad Rogers

Um, I have a pretty good idea what a formula one car is. They are actually
pretty popular all over the world. I didn't watch the video's, but my
opinion of them being overfast and overdownforced(if that's a word) is not
just mine.

Old November 6th 05, 06:49 AM
Chad Rogers

Scott,

I am all for rFactor having some content to run with. I bought it and never
use it, I'd love to have a reason to. If all of those mods are done(and
done well) I will be happy as will all of the community. I just don't see
it happening anytime soon.

Old November 6th 05, 11:11 AM
Jeff Reid

> Um, I have a pretty good idea what a formula one car is. They are actually pretty popular all over the world. I
> didn't watch the video's, but my opinion of them being overfast and overdownforced(if that's a word) is not just mine.

If you don't like speed, maybe you should play Live For Slow.

Old November 6th 05, 08:21 PM
Chad Rogers

Where did I ever say I didn't like speed? I like realism and the rFactor
"formula" cars aren't realistic.