Nissan Altima electrical problem

Old September 12th 05, 06:14 PM
Angelic Devil

Default Nissan Altima electrical problem

I suspect I have a bad alternator on my '96 Altima (I had to replace
the alternator on it around 50K miles, and it now has 110K on it), but
I would like someone with some expertise to confirm this. I was
idling at a red light on Saturday when my car just stopped. No
warning at all; it was like someone hit the off switch. I tried to
restart and got nothing. The engine didn't turn over at all and none
of the electrical equipment worked. I was able to jump start it
successfully and drive it home, but the battery did need to be
replaced.

The car starts fine now, but I'm concerned that won't last, and it
still doesn't explain why the car just quit. Am I correct in assuming
the alternator is at fault, or could it be something else?

--
"He who receives an idea from me receives it without lessening me,
as he who lights his candle at mine receives light without darkening me."
Old September 12th 05, 07:14 PM

if you have a free test place like kragen,autozone in your area have
them check it out for you ? for free

Old September 12th 05, 07:29 PM
ed

well, when your charging system isnt working, the car will stop just like
that when the battery runs down to nothing.
You can run on just battery for a good while in the daytime, so I'd figure
your charging system bit it within a couple days of the stall.

You should have your battery and charging system checked periodically if
your in doubt.

C3 electrical problem coffee01 Corvette 4 August 8th 05 09:22 AM
Engine or electrical problem with a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager Yebba Enna Chrysler 7 July 29th 05 02:14 AM
Wierd electrical problem Old Crow Jeep 2 March 22nd 05 10:12 AM
98 VW Jetta GL 2.0L gas - Electrical Problem - Help! Stephen VW water cooled 1 March 18th 05 08:34 PM
Weird electrical problem in 1996 Dodge Caravan Isaac Wingfield Chrysler 3 February 22nd 05 03:15 AM