Thinking about taking an online defensive driving course?

Old September 1st 05, 08:04 PM

Default Thinking about taking an online defensive driving course?

I live in Texas and I have just finished a defensive driving course on
www.idrivesafely.com. I didn't like my experience. First, it took way
too much time. It has a clock on each page. You can not get to the next
page without waiting for the clock to go to zero, even if you need only
a fraction of the time on the clock to go through the page. It also not
only has a final exam, which is not a big deal, it also has one or more
tests after almost each page or video you go through. These test
questions ask you about some little details on the page or video you
just go through. It was very stressful for me to take the course, not
because the course was so difficult, but because the strain on my eyes
that I had to use to pay close attention to every little detailed
statistics on the courses. It took me about 10 hours to finish the
course.

But these were not the worst part of the course. The worst part of the
course was the frequent questions posed by the course trying to verify
that you are really you, not someone else. By the end of the class, the
company will have all the detailed information about your private life,
including how many times you have married, how many kids you have, how
many brothers and sisters you have, have you ever been arrested, etc,
etc. When I called the company about it, a representative of the
company said that they didn't really have the answer to many of the
questions they asked in the first place. They just take your first
answer to check again your answer latter when that question is asked
again. When I asked them to delete all my answers to these questions by
the end of the course, the representative refused to do so. Also he
promised not to sell it to anyone else, but I doubt it. My course is
over, what they keep my private information for?

Any way, I will not take an online defensive driving course ever again.

Merge impaired slowpokes Alexander Rogge Driving 66 December 31st 04 03:20 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
Can any one recommend a online traffic school? [email protected] Driving 1 December 6th 04 01:24 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM