95 740i driver seat problem

Old August 17th 07, 06:34 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
pchotspot

Default 95 740i driver seat problem

95 bmw 740i. The driver seat wont go forward or backward when switch
is activated. It will travel UP & DOWN tilt and do everything else
but travel forward and back. It worked fine until yesterday when it
seem to just stop working. I also observed that the steering wheel up
& down feature also stop working. The steering wheel will track
forward and back but not UP nor DOWN. is there anyone out there who
have had this problem and knows the solution?

Old August 17th 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:34:23 -0700, pchotspot > wrote:

>95 bmw 740i. The driver seat wont go forward or backward when switch
>is activated. It will travel UP & DOWN tilt and do everything else
>but travel forward and back. It worked fine until yesterday when it
>seem to just stop working. I also observed that the steering wheel up
>& down feature also stop working. The steering wheel will track
>forward and back but not UP nor DOWN. is there anyone out there who
>have had this problem and knows the solution?

If it was just the seat then I would have said that a rag or something has got
into the gears but if the steering is run by the same fuse or relay then the
seat runner if jammed might have blown a fuse. Suggest looking at the fuse
panel inside the glove box, trunk and engine compartment for blown fuses.

You never know!

Hugh
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

Intelligence is not knowing the answer but knowing where and how to find it!

Hugh Gundersen

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK
Old August 17th 07, 10:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:34:23 -0700, pchotspot > wrote:
>
>>95 bmw 740i. The driver seat wont go forward or backward when switch
>>is activated. It will travel UP & DOWN tilt and do everything else
>>but travel forward and back. It worked fine until yesterday when it
>>seem to just stop working. I also observed that the steering wheel up
>>& down feature also stop working. The steering wheel will track
>>forward and back but not UP nor DOWN. is there anyone out there who
>>have had this problem and knows the solution?

> If it was just the seat then I would have said that a rag or something has
> got
> into the gears but if the steering is run by the same fuse or relay then
> the
> seat runner if jammed might have blown a fuse. Suggest looking at the
> fuse
> panel inside the glove box, trunk and engine compartment for blown fuses.
>
> You never know!

Still look for the rag or whatever - the fuse blew for a reason - probably
obstruction.

Driver power seat Jason Ford Explorer 5 February 8th 08 05:29 AM
E32 740i rear door problem JP[_4_] BMW 0 October 18th 06 12:32 AM
740i /93 Electric Water Pump problem jp BMW 1 April 24th 06 05:14 PM
Need help with BMW 740i wheel vibration problem TexasAg90 Technology 3 December 1st 05 07:36 PM
93 740i Seat poppy33 BMW 0 October 29th 05 05:37 PM