VWs.

Old October 19th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Banned

Default VWs.

There is a guy who lives about a mile from me, he has his own VW shop,
mostly he works on older moder model air cooled VWs.He has been there
for many years.I ought to get over there some day and check out his
place.I know where there is an older model 1960s/1970s VW dune buggy
about three miles from me.I don't know if it is for sale though.
cuhulin

Old October 22nd 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 19, 6:59*pm, wrote:
> There is a guy who lives about a mile from me, he has his own VW shop,
> mostly he works on older moder model air cooled VWs.He has been there
> for many years.I ought to get over there some day and check out his
> place.I know where there is an older model 1960s/1970s VW dune buggy
> about three miles from me.I don't know if it is for sale though.
> cuhulin

As a shop owner I have no problem with people stopping by the shop. If
your interested in getting into aircooled VW's stop by the guys shop,
he should know where something aircooled you might be interested in
is, including buggies if thats what you want.
Old October 22nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote:
> There is a guy who lives about a mile from me, he has his own VW shop,
> mostly he works on older moder model air cooled VWs.He has been there
> for many years.I ought to get over there some day and check out his
> place.I know where there is an older model 1960s/1970s VW dune buggy
> about three miles from me.I don't know if it is for sale though.
> cuhulin

Quick bit of advice, there, fella... the guy who replied to your first
is Mario Gavazzi; a known thief and con artist. Calls himself a body
man. Heed any advice he may offer at extreme caution.

If you do stop by the guy's shop, make sure its' during business
hours; oh, and make sure it's not owned by Mario Gavazzi, Known Thief
and Con Man. Good luck.
Old October 22nd 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Banned

I have owned three aircooled VWs before.The first one was a 1961 VW van
that I bought in 1965 at Steakly Chevrolet used car lot in Killeen,Texas
when I was in the Army at Fort Hood.That van was previously a Chicken On
Call van.It used to run around Fort Hood and sell chicken sanwiches and
soft drinks.The second gear synchronizer was worn out but once I got
used to it I had no problem driving that van.I kept that van a few
months and then I sold it.Later on when I was at home (in 1965) on a
three day leave from Fort Hood I bought a 1963 VW beetle car.I kept that
car a few years and then I traded it in on a 1967 Ford Falcon car.A few
years later I bought a 1970 VW van.I kept that van a few years and then
I traded it in on something else.Before all of that though, in 1963 I
was stationed at a Nike Missiles outfit (U.S.Army) at Scott Air Force
Base,Illinois and a Nike Missles base near Pacific,Missouri.At Scott Air
Force Base I bought a 1958 BMW Isetta car from an Air Force Officer.I
still have the big manual that came with the BMW Isetta car, a woman in
Germany was the first owner of that car.I have owned four aircooled
vehicles before.
I wouldn't mind if I can find a decent old aircooled VW vehicle again
for going to the food store and other errands in my local home town
area.
cuhulin

Old October 25th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LLBrown

off topic, but thanks for your service!

LLB

Old October 27th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
george taylor

Thanks to all of you that have served/serving
news