OT I'm a professional. Do NOT try this at home.

Old October 12th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

Default OT I'm a professional. Do NOT try this at home.

OK, so not a professional deck builder but I'll bet this thing will
last longer than I will. :-)
http://www.employees.org/~travist/deck/deck.html
Been working on that the last three weekends with my wife. Hoping to
finish the floor joists next Saturday and maybe start on the decking
next Sunday.
Old October 13th 08, 08:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Used to play Rugby with a professional builder. He often said the big
difference between an amateur built project and a professionally built one
was the amateur version used about 3 times the
timber/screws/nails/glue/cement etc needed and was at least 4-5 stronger
than it needed to be. Your,re right, rest of house may go but your deck will
still be around.
That bump in the pool lining, looks about the same as a beetle roof, its
not is it? Just joking
John

Old October 13th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Oct 13, 3:59 am, "John" > wrote:
> Used to play Rugby with a professional builder. He often said the big
> difference between an amateur built project and a professionally built one
> was the amateur version used about 3 times the
> timber/screws/nails/glue/cement etc needed and was at least 4-5 stronger
> than it needed to be. Your,re right, rest of house may go but your deck will
> still be around.
> That bump in the pool lining, looks about the same as a beetle roof, its
> not is it? Just joking
> John

heh heh
It's an inflatable "pillow" that's supposed to um... keep the cover
from collecting a bunch of water like it's doing or maybe to keep the
cover from contacting the water... like it's doing. *cough*
Old October 13th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Shag wrote:
> On Oct 13, 3:59 am, "John" > wrote:
>> Used to play Rugby with a professional builder. He often said the big
>> difference between an amateur built project and a professionally built one
>> was the amateur version used about 3 times the
>> timber/screws/nails/glue/cement etc needed and was at least 4-5 stronger
>> than it needed to be. Your,re right, rest of house may go but your deck will
>> still be around.
>> That bump in the pool lining, looks about the same as a beetle roof, its
>> not is it? Just joking
>> John

> heh heh
> It's an inflatable "pillow" that's supposed to um... keep the cover
> from collecting a bunch of water like it's doing or maybe to keep the
> cover from contacting the water... like it's doing. *cough*

HELIUM.
Old October 14th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David

shag, I tried the pillows, mine always lost air shortly after installing
them. I went with one of these (
http://www.h2opoolproducts.com/produ...oducts_id=1113 )and I
actually fill the pool higher then normal and the cover sits on the water
and I just rake the leaves off. this also helps keep the cover from pulling
in from the water weight when it rains, I sometimes have to siphon off a
little water, just because I don't want the water to run over the top.
something else I found to be a great help is a Polaris 65
(http://www.polarispool.com/products/details.asp?ID=8) it hooks to the water
line that returns the water to the pool, so you still have the skimmer to
get the stuff floating on top. every time your pump runs it is stirring up
the stuff on the floor and blowing it into the bag. We have a 15x30 oval
pool

> heh heh
> It's an inflatable "pillow" that's supposed to um... keep the cover
> from collecting a bunch of water like it's doing or maybe to keep the
> cover from contacting the water... like it's doing. *cough*

Professional OBD tools [email protected] Jeep 1 February 13th 08 02:56 PM
E46 Professional CD Player keithd BMW 0 March 15th 07 02:20 PM
2000 BMW Professional Radio and MP3 SteveL BMW 11 October 11th 06 03:53 AM
bmw professional radio VEGETA BMW 2 August 14th 06 08:08 AM
Professional Nav on 1 Series BluDog BMW 2 October 18th 04 09:06 AM