non-repeat feature of ignition switch not working

Old May 23rd 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Scott H[_2_]

Default non-repeat feature of ignition switch not working

A while back I replaced the ignition switch in my '72 with the one from my
parts car. Now with the `new' one, the non-repeat function doesn't work.
Is this something in the switch that is bad? Or is there something else
somewhere that I need to check?

Thanks.

--
Scott

Old May 23rd 07, 09:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Hi,
Its designed into the Ignition Switch itself. Sometimes you can pull
them to bits and relubricate but its a fiddle. If its a new one you must
have got a dodgy one.
John

Old May 23rd 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On May 22, 9:58 pm, "Scott H" > wrote:
> A while back I replaced the ignition switch in my '72 with the one from my
> parts car. Now with the `new' one, the non-repeat function doesn't work.
> Is this something in the switch that is bad? Or is there something else
> somewhere that I need to check?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Scott

Aside from the fact that it would make an authentic VW a little less
so, I've wished I could dump that 'feature' ever since I got into
volkswagens. It's more trouble than it is worth. I'd consider your
situation a blessing rather than a curse

Chris

Old May 24th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 22, 9:58 pm, "Scott H" > wrote:
>> A while back I replaced the ignition switch in my '72 with the one from
>> my
>> parts car. Now with the `new' one, the non-repeat function doesn't work.
>> Is this something in the switch that is bad? Or is there something else
>> somewhere that I need to check?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Scott

> Aside from the fact that it would make an authentic VW a little less
> so, I've wished I could dump that 'feature' ever since I got into
> volkswagens. It's more trouble than it is worth. I'd consider your
> situation a blessing rather than a curse
>
> Chris

all my vw's and bmw's over the years have had this feature, and you get used
to it... i find myself returning the key to the off position in any vehicle
if i need to go to the start position a second time for any reason....

Old May 24th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Scott H[_2_]

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On May 22, 9:58 pm, "Scott H" > wrote:
>>> A while back I replaced the ignition switch in my '72 with the one from
>>> my
>>> parts car. Now with the `new' one, the non-repeat function doesn't work.
>>> Is this something in the switch that is bad? Or is there something else
>>> somewhere that I need to check?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Scott

>> Aside from the fact that it would make an authentic VW a little less
>> so, I've wished I could dump that 'feature' ever since I got into
>> volkswagens. It's more trouble than it is worth. I'd consider your
>> situation a blessing rather than a curse
>>
>> Chris
>>

> all my vw's and bmw's over the years have had this feature, and you get
> used to it... i find myself returning the key to the off position in any
> vehicle if i need to go to the start position a second time for any
> reason....

Thanks for the replies guys.
I actually kind of like the feature. I'm no purist but everything else on
the car works as designed so I'd like that to work also, for authenticity's
sake.
But I ain't gonna buy a new one just for that. ;-)
The other one lasted 15 years or so until my niece killed it, so I'll just
wait for this one to die.

Thanks again.

--
Scott

Ignition Switch??? Bill_Kenney Mazda 1 September 10th 06 07:56 PM
ignition switch Larry M. Stein Audi 4 January 2nd 06 01:15 PM
rabbit ignition switch to toggle switch [email protected] VW water cooled 2 October 24th 05 03:26 AM
Ignition Switch [email protected] VW air cooled 3 March 5th 05 08:26 PM
Ignition Switch [email protected] VW air cooled 1 February 12th 05 07:32 AM