2000 plymouth Neon frontend noise.

Old January 8th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pchotspot

Default 2000 plymouth Neon frontend noise.

there is a grinding noise coming from my frontend when I drive. It
sounds like a car accelerating hard in first gear but that sounds never
changes when the gears change. The tranny seems fine; It shifts with
no problem. Repairs done so far: I changed the left cv-joint, left
spindle and brakes all around. still the noise is there. On jack
stands there is no noise, only when the suspension is loaded. I bought
the car with a nice solid hit on the left fender, I am wondering if the
subframe is bent or damage and could be the cause of the noise.

I know I did not my statement is not really in the form of a question,
But it is clear I need help and ideas would be helpful

p.s. I also read in the haynes manual about cambering on these cars;
what does that have to do with the drivablity on these cars

Old January 8th 07, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"pchotspot" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> there is a grinding noise coming from my frontend when I drive. It
> sounds like a car accelerating hard in first gear but that sounds never
> changes when the gears change. The tranny seems fine; It shifts with
> no problem. Repairs done so far: I changed the left cv-joint, left
> spindle and brakes all around. still the noise is there. On jack
> stands there is no noise, only when the suspension is loaded. I bought
> the car with a nice solid hit on the left fender, I am wondering if the
> subframe is bent or damage and could be the cause of the noise.
>

> I know I did not my statement is not really in the form of a question,
> But it is clear I need help and ideas would be helpful
>
> p.s. I also read in the haynes manual about cambering on these cars;
> what does that have to do with the drivablity on these cars

Spindle meaning wheel bearing also??? And without hearing the noise....it
would be hard to say what it is.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old January 8th 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"pchotspot" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> i wanted to change just the bearing but I changed the spindle and
> bearing also. I did not do anything to the right side. one thing I
> also noticed............. when I turn, the car seem to drop into the
> turn. like if something is loose and settles after the wheel is
> turned. Another thing..............on making a hard right turn the
> noise goes away and comes back when the steering wheel is straight. So
> if I was to turn the wheel hard right and drive in a circle there would
> not be any noise but the noise comes back when the wheel is
> straightened. thank you maxpower for your input. I hope this info
> give you some more thoughts
>

> maxpower wrote:
> > "pchotspot" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > > there is a grinding noise coming from my frontend when I drive. It
> > > sounds like a car accelerating hard in first gear but that sounds

never
> > > changes when the gears change. The tranny seems fine; It shifts with
> > > no problem. Repairs done so far: I changed the left cv-joint, left
> > > spindle and brakes all around. still the noise is there. On jack
> > > stands there is no noise, only when the suspension is loaded. I

bought
> > > the car with a nice solid hit on the left fender, I am wondering if

the
> > > subframe is bent or damage and could be the cause of the noise.
> > >

> > > I know I did not my statement is not really in the form of a question,
> > > But it is clear I need help and ideas would be helpful
> > >
> > > p.s. I also read in the haynes manual about cambering on these cars;
> > > what does that have to do with the drivablity on these cars
> > >

> > Spindle meaning wheel bearing also??? And without hearing the

noise....it
> > would be hard to say what it is.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

without hearing the noise is hard to say, I would pay attention to the wheel
bearing on the right side

Old January 8th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pchotspot