96 voyager stalled and crank but wont turnover.

Old November 7th 06, 03:47 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pchotspot

Default 96 voyager stalled and crank but wont turnover.

1996 grand voyager 3.3L engine. Friend driving and the van sputter and
stalls out. It cranks but wont turnover. I know the engine is running
lean because of a bad O2 sensor. What could the problem be. What
area[s] should I investigate. Any help is appreciated

Old November 7th 06, 03:49 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dan C[_1_]

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:47:42 -0800, pchotspot wrote:

> 1996 grand voyager 3.3L engine. Friend driving and the van sputter and
> stalls out. It cranks but wont turnover. I know the engine is running
> lean because of a bad O2 sensor. What could the problem be. What
> area[s] should I investigate. Any help is appreciated

Gee...., you think it might be the bad O2 sensor...?

--
"Ubuntu" - an African word meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

Old November 7th 06, 04:31 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pchotspot

Dan C..................pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DO NOT RESPOND TO
ANY OF MY POSTING................... YOU ARE AN ASS!

Old November 7th 06, 10:42 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

has nothing to do with the 02 sensor, go back to basics..does it has spark?
is it getting fueL I assume that the check emgine lite is on due to the 02
sensor, are there any other fault codes?

Glenn beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old November 11th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
pchotspot

i checked for spark and there is none. I also remove the ignition coil
from another van [96 caravan 3.3] that cranks, and put it in but the
van [96 voyager 3.3] that does not crank. AND THE VAN DID NOT CRANK! i
actually switch the two coils, and the coil from the 96 VOYAGER 3.3L
did not crank in the 96 CARAVAN 3.3L. [so I assume that coil is bad].
But when I put the good coil FROM THE 96 CARAVAN that did not crank in
the [96 voyager 3.3]. when I switch them back the 96 caravan cranked
and the 96 voyager did not.

the 02 sensor is bad and i dont know if that causing the coil to not
get electricity. If someone can tell me where to check as to why the
coil pack is not getting spark I would appreciate it very much.

Old November 11th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"pchotspot" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> i checked for spark and there is none. I also remove the ignition coil
> from another van [96 caravan 3.3] that cranks, and put it in but the
> van [96 voyager 3.3] that does not crank. AND THE VAN DID NOT CRANK! i
> actually switch the two coils, and the coil from the 96 VOYAGER 3.3L
> did not crank in the 96 CARAVAN 3.3L. [so I assume that coil is bad].
> But when I put the good coil FROM THE 96 CARAVAN that did not crank in
> the [96 voyager 3.3]. when I switch them back the 96 caravan cranked
> and the 96 voyager did not.
>
> the 02 sensor is bad and i dont know if that causing the coil to not
> get electricity. If someone can tell me where to check as to why the
> coil pack is not getting spark I would appreciate it very much.
>

> damnnickname wrote:
> > has nothing to do with the 02 sensor, go back to basics..does it has

spark?
> > is it getting fueL I assume that the check emgine lite is on due to the

02
> > sensor, are there any other fault codes?
> >
> > Glenn beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

Your gonna have to stick with one post and reply to that and not keep making
new post and sending e mail, its to confusing.
Since you are able to check fault codes I would assume the PCM is more then
likely ok but could still be causing the problem. The fuel pump is the only
thing that wont set a fault code when it goes bad and if the PCM heat sink
goes bad you will not get a fault Before you do anything else, take the air
cleaner snorkel of the throttle body and open the blade, spray a shot of gum
cutter or throttle body cleaner in it and try to start it.

Old November 30th 06, 05:08 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Thorsten Rossbach

you said you have no spark so check for power on coil if it checks out check
for the ground on coil witch shoud go on and of to build voltage for the
spark" if not check cranksensor"
and stick to basics
fuel+aircompression on timing+spark on timin= run
Chrysler Tech
T.R