Device stops speeders from inside car

Old December 3rd 05, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Device stops speeders from inside car

Will never fly in the USA due to the government revenue loss from speeding
tickets.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/12/01/...eed/index.html

Old December 4th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Canadian auto regulators are testing a system
that would enforce speed limits by making it harder to push down the
car's gas pedal once the speed limit is passed, according to a
newspaper report.

------------------------

And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
what this plan is about. Why not just give jail time and DL
suspensions to speeders? That would solve the problem overnight and at
no cost.

Old December 4th 05, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article . com>,
"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote:

> NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Canadian auto regulators are testing a system
> that would enforce speed limits by making it harder to push down the
> car's gas pedal once the speed limit is passed, according to a
> newspaper report.
>
> ------------------------
>
> And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
> what this plan is about. Why not just give jail time and DL
> suspensions to speeders? That would solve the problem overnight and at
> no cost.

Why not just raise the speed limits to something reasonable?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old December 4th 05, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Canadian auto regulators are testing a system
> that would enforce speed limits by making it harder to push down the
> car's gas pedal once the speed limit is passed, according to a
> newspaper report.
>
> ------------------------
>
> And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
> what this plan is about. Why not just give jail time and DL
> suspensions to speeders? That would solve the problem overnight and at
> no cost.

You can't jail people at no cost... Prisoners get free healthcare food and
board plus other perks at the taxpayers' expense. But it's still prison...
lol

Old December 4th 05, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

fclaugus wrote:
> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
> > what this plan is about. Why not just give jail time and DL
> > suspensions to speeders? That would solve the problem overnight and at
> > no cost.

> You can't jail people at no cost... Prisoners get free healthcare food and
> board plus other perks at the taxpayers' expense. But it's still prison...
> lol

You misssed the point. If people knew they faced jail for speeding,
they wouldn't speed.

Old December 4th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend, > was motivated
to say this in rec.autos.driving on 3 Dec 2005 17:45:49 -0800:
> And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
> what this plan is about.

Whassa matter, numbnutz? Afraid it will make it more difficult for you
to speed through school zones??

Old December 4th 05, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> fclaugus wrote:
> > "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > >
> > > And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
> > > what this plan is about. Why not just give jail time and DL
> > > suspensions to speeders? That would solve the problem overnight and at
> > > no cost.

> > You can't jail people at no cost... Prisoners get free healthcare food and
> > board plus other perks at the taxpayers' expense. But it's still prison...
> > lol

> You misssed the point. If people knew they faced jail for speeding,
> they wouldn't speed.

LOL! Yeah, because NOBODY ever commits crimes in which the penalty
could be jail time, right?? You're a ****ing joke! Thanks for the
laugh of the day (at you!)

Old December 5th 05, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Canadian auto regulators are testing a system
> that would enforce speed limits by making it harder to push down the
> car's gas pedal once the speed limit is passed, according to a
> newspaper report.

> And this will probably add $1000 to the cost of the car which is really
> what this plan is about. Why not just give jail time and DL
> suspensions to speeders? That would solve the problem overnight and at
> no cost.

Doesn't work. In some Australian states, the penalty for drivers caught
speeding between 30km/h and 44km/h (18 - 26mph) over the speed limit is
a 3 month DL suspension, for over 45km/h (27mph) an immediate 6 month
suspension applies. In these states, the result is that more and more
drivers are simply driving without licences and insurance.