Average Drivers Club Open House

Old November 8th 05, 06:50 PM
David Fletcher

Default Average Drivers Club Open House

I've been reading threads recently from new inductees to the GPL
addiction wondering where they can enjoy some clean, gentlemanly
racing. And there are a lot of experienced GPL'ers who are probably
feeling a bit left out in the cold by the exodus to some of the other
sims that are available in our community now.

In an attempt to expose some more GPL'ers to the ADC experience, and to
hopefully attract a few new members, the ADC is going to hold an "open
house" over the next two weeks.

Starting with our once-per-month clubwide event on the 12th of
November, we will be running our regular weekly events without
passwording the server, so anyone can join. The schedule is as follows:

Date, Event, Venue, Car Type, Practice Time

11/12/05, Big Race, Kyalami, 67, 20:00 GMT

11/15/05, European Div., Rouen, 65, 20:00 GMT

11/16/05, Americas Div., Rouen, 65, 21:00 EST US

11/20/05, Australia Div., Rouen, 65, 09:00 GMT

11/22/05, European Div., Brands Hatch, 67, 20:00 GMT

11/23/05, Americas Div., Brands Hatch, 67, 21:00 EST US

11/27/05, Australia Div., Brands Hatch, 67, 09:00 GMT

For the record, the Brands Hatch used is Paul Jackson's excellent
rendition.

What is the Average Drivers Club? The ADC is a club, not a league.
There are no points awarded or championship standings kept but we will
post race results in the ADC forums at Speedgeezers so everyone can
have bragging rights at some point or another. The primary emphasis is
on having fun. All racers are expected to drive in a gentlemanly,
courteous manner; not a win-at-all-costs mentality. You don't have to
be fast, but you have to be aware of your surroundings and fellow
competitors at all times. The ADC experience is like having a bunch of
friends get together and rent a track for the day. It is always fun,
and there is a great spirit of camaraderie and friendship in the ADC.
We run the original '67 cars and the 65 Mod on alternating weeks, and
the 69 Mod will be brought into the rotation upon it's release (several
ADC members are on the Beta team, so we know what to expect).

Normally, the ADC utilizes restrictions based on GPL Rank for car
choice in an attempt to level the field, but for the purpose of this
exercise and in the interest of simplicity we are going to lift those
restrictions and allow racers to drive whatever they want.

We will be using a couple of our rules, however, which are integral to
the ADC's purpose, and which must be adhered to:

1) Please finish all races you start; NO DISCOS'S! No one likes to be
the only car to cross the finish line.

2) Keep the start clean. The worst accident is the first turn pile up.
The following is our starting policy:

a) Be aware of the flag, but don't start until the car in front of you
moves.

b) Do not attempt any passing until after Turn 1.

All races are held at IGOR on the excellent dedicated ADC server. For
these events, we will create a new chatroom named "ADCClub". There will
be someone from the ADC there prior to and after the race to discuss
the ADC if anyone has any questions. Most likely, you will not have any
problems hooking up to the server, but if necessary, the following
thread at Speedgeezers has our communication parameters:

http://forums.speedgeezers.com/index...owtopic=13828\

We realize that by running these races unpassworded we are inviting the
possiblility that someone (a wrecker) may join with the intent of
creating havoc. That would of course be something that would never
happen in a normal ADC event. But we are going to take that chance,
because we want people to see what the ADC is all about. I do have one
request though; if any event is spoiled by a "wrecker", please do not
discuss it publicly. Don't give the wrecker the pleasure of seeing his
name plastered all over. Make sure the ADC member(s) present are aware
of who caused the problem, and it's okay to discuss it in the ADCClub
chatroom, but let's not mention it otherwise. Let's not give him the
satisfaction.

If you'd like more information on the ADC, visit our page at
Speedgeezers:

http://www.speedgeezers.com/new/page.php?id=5

We think this could be fun, and we hope it stirs some interest!

Thanks for your attention,

Dave Fletcher
President ADC

Old November 9th 05, 09:11 PM
David Fletcher

Here's a little follow-up. If you're interested in reading about the
ADC, we've just today opened our official website. It's a
work-in-progress, but the basic structure and most of our info is in
there.

http://adc.speedgeezers.com

Fletch

rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 5 August 26th 05 05:30 AM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 4 August 11th 05 05:25 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 5 July 25th 05 05:29 AM