rFactor problem after patch

Old October 31st 05, 09:46 PM
DJRJR

Default rFactor problem after patch

The Formula cars now lock up the game when I select them, but the F3's work
fine. Anyone else have this problem? I swear this has been the buggiest game
I have ever installed!

Old October 31st 05, 11:18 PM
Alan Bernardo

"DJRJR" > wrote in message
> The Formula cars now lock up the game when I select them, but the F3's
> work fine. Anyone else have this problem? I swear this has been the
> buggiest game I have ever installed!

The game is buggy, most of which comes from adding mods. I run GTL only,
these days.

Alanb

Old October 31st 05, 11:38 PM
Shinkaro

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:46:43 GMT, "DJRJR" > wrote:

>The Formula cars now lock up the game when I select them, but the F3's work
>fine. Anyone else have this problem? I swear this has been the buggiest game
>I have ever installed!

I believe its a problem with 16 bit colors on certain video cards, if
you switch to 32 bit colors it should work until the next patch
Old November 1st 05, 12:04 AM
Dave Henrie

Shinkaro > wrote in
:

> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:46:43 GMT, "DJRJR" > wrote:
>
>>The Formula cars now lock up the game when I select them, but the F3's
>>work fine. Anyone else have this problem? I swear this has been the
>>buggiest game I have ever installed!
>>

> I believe its a problem with 16 bit colors on certain video cards, if
> you switch to 32 bit colors it should work until the next patch

When I first installed the patch, I got crash after crash just trying
to select a car. I went and blitzed everything, erased it all, and got the
new main file. It's been updated to v1.040 as well, so after installing
that, you won't need the patch.
I have to admit...I haven't touched the FIS cars since well before the
patch, but all the problems I was having with the other cars got fixed.
Another user in my league had similar difficulties and his too cleared up
after a complete non-patch re-install.
Dave Henrie
Old November 1st 05, 01:34 AM
JTB

Nope.

Old November 1st 05, 01:37 PM
Dave

"DJRJR" > wrote in message ...
> The Formula cars now lock up the game when I select them, but the F3's work
> fine. Anyone else have this problem? I swear this has been the buggiest game
> I have ever installed!

Nvidia card?
Change from 16 to 36 bit colors using rconfig.

Old November 1st 05, 10:48 PM
John Smith

"Dave" > wrote in message

> "DJRJR" > wrote in message
>> The Formula cars now lock up the game when I select them, but the F3's
>> work
>> fine. Anyone else have this problem? I swear this has been the buggiest
>> game
>> I have ever installed!
>>

> Nvidia card?
> Change from 16 to 36 bit colors using rconfig.

yep, that was it. I actually found it out on my own and was going to report
it here, but it looks like I'm too late.. I still need to get a newer video
card, I'm still looking at a 9800pro or a 6600gt, not sure which one to go
with..

Old November 3rd 05, 07:35 PM

The patch cleared up my CTD problem but I lost some FPS. A problem
alot of ATI X800 users are having.
Doug D

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:04:06 -0600, Dave Henrie

: