Anyone having any problems with PRHT model?

Old January 8th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Anyone having any problems with PRHT model?

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> As far as I am concerned, I would simply never develop the patience to wait
> for it to lower itself. It would drive me nuts.
>
> Leon

So where did you ever find the patience to deal with the top on your '96
model? Did you ever use a boot or unzip the window when you had a
plastic one? It seems like that would have driven you nuts.

Like I said in the snipped part of my post, differing opinions are good.
That hardtop could take twice as long to raise and lower as it does and
I would still take it over the ragtop.

Pat
Old January 8th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> May your mother-in-law come for an extended visit! ;-)

That's EX-Mother in Law, thank you, and you just don't know what terrors
you have wished upon me.
Please play nice, I need to be able to sleep tonight without too many
nightmares. :-)

Pat
Old January 8th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>
>> May your mother-in-law come for an extended visit! ;-)

> That's EX-Mother in Law, thank you, and you just don't know what
> terrors you have wished upon me.

I'm going to place a full length nude picture of her over your bed..

> Please play nice, I need to be able to sleep tonight without too
> many nightmares. :-)

OK, I got along very well with my ex-mother in law (and ex father in
law also), better than I did with my ex wife! I was sorry when she
passed away, she was a nice lady and I always thought well of her.
Sorry you didn't have one like mine...
Old January 8th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> I'm going to place a full length nude picture of her over your bed..

You owe me one dinner now.
I had no idea you were so cruel. There are some things that you can not
"un-think". That may be one of them. I hope not.....

> OK, I got along very well with my ex-mother in law (and ex father in
> law also), better than I did with my ex wife! I was sorry when she
> passed away, she was a nice lady and I always thought well of her.
> Sorry you didn't have one like mine...

Well, they obviously did not teach you any compassion for others like
myself. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go worship the porcelain
God again. ;-)

Pat
Old January 8th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

tooloud wrote:
> I've never understood why some people think they can't drive their
> "weekend toy" to work and to run errands and whatnot, provided
> you're not carrying a kid around with you or something. It's like
> the thought that they drive to work could be enjoyable, too, doesn't
> even cross some people's minds.

My Belle has been my daily driver for nearly 12 years now. Nothing
makes me smile more than coming out of work and seeing her sitting
there waiting for me - almost makes it worthwhile going to work. <G>

By the way, it was so beautiful (and warm!) here in Eastern PA on
Saturday that a bunch of us went out for a 2-1/2 hour topless ride.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old January 8th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Hang on Iva,
We have some crap weather we are sending you guys ( girls ) for next
week ! We just had another wind and rain/snow storm blow thru the
Pacific Northwest an we would be happy to send it on to the nice people
in the Midwest and Northeast! :-) We had 2 inches of rain and 50 MPH
wind with 2 feet of snow in th mountains, (over night) We are the ones
the the weather guessers said would have the "mild winter" !! :-) Top
down here just ain't make'n it this year !

Bruce Bing '03 LS (with the hard top still on! )

Old January 8th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Hang on Iva,
> We have some crap weather we are sending you guys ( girls ) for next
> week ! We just had another wind and rain/snow storm blow thru the
> Pacific Northwest an we would be happy to send it on to the nice
> people
> in the Midwest and Northeast! :-) We had 2 inches of rain and 50 MPH
> wind with 2 feet of snow in th mountains, (over night) We are the
> ones
> the the weather guessers said would have the "mild winter" !! :-)
> Top
> down here just ain't make'n it this year !

Thanks, okay, you can keep it. <g> I'd be just as happy to not have
to put the hard top on at all this year. Nor the snow tires!

Hmmm, that reminds me I need to change the oil again. Before the
weather gets cold. <G>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old January 9th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>
>> As far as I am concerned, I would simply never develop the patience to wait
>> for it to lower itself. It would drive me nuts.
>>
>> Leon

>So where did you ever find the patience to deal with the top on your '96
>model? Did you ever use a boot or unzip the window when you had a
>plastic one? It seems like that would have driven you nuts.

No. I was lowering the top and putting the boot on, not just sitting there
waiting for some stupid piece of machinery to slowpoke its way down.

You know how much dentists cost when you have to replace all your teeth?

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old January 9th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"Iva" > wrote
> Hmmm, that reminds me I need to change the oil again. Before the weather
> gets cold. <G>

It ain't gonna get cold this winter, Iva. El Nino at work until May or so.
Bruce and others suffer but we Mid-Atlantic/Northeasterners are going to
have really low heating bills this year.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red (due for oil changes)
Inside the Beltway

Old January 9th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> No. I was lowering the top and putting the boot on, not just sitting there
> waiting for some stupid piece of machinery to slowpoke its way down.

The power hardtop is the only reason that I am considering the NC over
the NB.
I have more patience than you in this area, 12 seconds is nothing to me
for this and I enjoy watching the hardtop in action. If I absolutely
have to tear out of there faster than that, then the top will just have
to stay up for a while.
As I keep saying, differing opinions are good, otherwise we would all be
in the same type of car.
NC hardtop sales figures will be high, I will put up money at decent
odds if you want to challenge that statement. Since it is something that
a lot of people want, and it affects you in no way whatsoever, how does
that make it stupid?
It is simply something that you don't want, yet. ;-)

> You know how much dentists cost when you have to replace all your teeth?
>
> Leon

For me, roughly $19,000. What's your point? :-)

Pat