Antenna question

Old November 13th 05, 11:13 PM
pws

Default Antenna question

I use my stereo daily, but literally never listen to the radio, so I
took my non-power antenna mast off of the car. I noticed on another
miata that was missing its antenna that the antenna receiving threads
had become rusty.

I am looking for something to plug the hole with, hoping that someone
has found that perfectly-sized black rubber piece from something common
that fits.
I have also considered a black screw with a tiny rubber o-ring, so if
anyone knows the thread size off hand, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Pat
Old November 13th 05, 11:37 PM
XS11E

pws > wrote in
:

> I use my stereo daily, but literally never listen to the radio, so
> I took my non-power antenna mast off of the car. I noticed on
> another miata that was missing its antenna that the antenna
> receiving threads had become rusty.
>
> I am looking for something to plug the hole with, hoping that
> someone has found that perfectly-sized black rubber piece from
> something common that fits.

Almost any auto supply store can fix you up with a rubber plug, just
tell them the hole size.

Old November 14th 05, 01:03 AM
pws

XS11E wrote:

> Almost any auto supply store can fix you up with a rubber plug, just
> tell them the hole size.

I'll go take a look, but I have bad luck getting good help at most of
our auto store around here. Maybe I can find a package of them on the
shelf. :-/

Thanks,

Pat
Old November 14th 05, 01:34 AM
XS11E

pws > wrote in
:

> I'll go take a look, but I have bad luck getting good help at most
> of our auto store around here.

Sheesh, I have to tell you everything? Find a young, beautiful, well
built female type wearing not much. Ask her to go to the store with
you. You'll get all the help you want and then some (unless the clerk
is female, if so, you're on your own!) <g>

The chain places, Checker/Shuck/Kragen or Pep Boys or Auto Zone will
probably have a section of misc. parts such as springs, nuts, screws
and... plugs! If not, you're more likely to get knowledgeable help in
a "real" auto parts store such as NAPA or some such.

Old November 14th 05, 02:08 AM
pws

XS11E wrote:

> Sheesh, I have to tell you everything?

Pretty much, yes. :-)

Find a young, beautiful, well
> built female type wearing not much. Ask her to go to the store with
> you.

I would, but my miata's babe magnet burned up long ago, and with a
self-portrait like this, it is hard to get them in the car.

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/pat/troll.jpg

This lovely piece of handcrafted Norwegian art goes off in about an
hour. Don't miss your chance to own this lovely creature! ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/7jhjr

You'll get all the help you want and then some (unless the clerk
> is female, if so, you're on your own!) <g>

I don't know, the female clerk at the local Autozone would probably
ignore me, as most women do, but she would likely be all smiles for a
hottie in a bikini. ;-)

Pat

QUESTION ABOUT ANTENNA Adam Dodge 10 October 27th 05 03:41 AM
antenna question.... [email protected] Ford Explorer 3 September 28th 05 02:25 PM
'98 EB Explorer Antenna Problem Jim Ford Explorer 4 August 2nd 05 05:54 PM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
Installing a power antenna Dave Smith Mazda 6 November 30th 04 02:36 AM