Best price seen on mazdaspeed '05?

Old September 23rd 05, 04:57 AM

Default Best price seen on mazdaspeed '05?

Hello all,

I've recently lost my performance car (only transportation) to
hurricane Katrina. I need some new wheels soon...and while I'd
orignally planned to get an older miata, a '97-'03 or so, and put an FM
II kit on it...I need something pretty soon, that is reliable and
moderately zippy at first till I get things settled, and can be modded
later.

I'm looking at getting a MSM.

I'd heard some bits and pieces in past months of people getting '05's
for between $18K-$19K+ range. Does anyone have solid information in
their part of the country on what these have been going for?

I'm hoping they will deal this well on these in light of it being near
EOM, the 2006 ones are coming out now AND are about the same HP...and
can be had for about $22K. My arguments are going to be the
above...that I can get a brand new miata for $22K with the same
HP...and that the '05 will drop about $3K when I drive it off the lot
due to the new models coming out....hence a fair price about $19K.

Opinions on this...or knowledge of the best prices being gotten for the
'05 MSM?

Thanks in advance,

chilecayenne

Old September 24th 05, 08:29 AM
Vern

You will have trouble getting one for the price you want. At Edmunds
for an '04 it says dealer trade in is $19K, private seller $21K and
dealer price $23K.

Those were last month figures when I bought my car. I ended up getting
an '04 for $16K with 7,500 miles on it. I had to fly to Vegas from
Phoenix. The local dealer was asking $26K for one with 700 miles on it.

The last time I looked I think there was one in Missouri for $18K

Do a used car search from edmunds or Yahoo

Fuel protests... Domestos Alfa Romeo 29 September 13th 05 05:13 PM
What Price Will Fuel A Change? [email protected] Ford Mustang 8 September 4th 05 03:56 PM
Question about Honda Financing, Vehicle Price, Recent Grad Promotion OregonMike Honda 2 May 6th 05 04:10 AM
Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 6 January 17th 05 03:25 PM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM