Next Gen

Old August 24th 05, 09:06 PM
Curt

Default Next Gen

So who's driven/ordered the 2006?
Old August 25th 05, 03:41 AM
M. Cantera

Try these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4571155890

Most dealers will not take delivery until later in September. They
wil try to move the existing 05 inventory first.

Old August 25th 05, 04:28 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Did get to see and sit in a preproduction model at the Miatas at the Gap a
month ago or so. I was told Mazda flew it in just for this event. They lent
it to the pres of the miata club of North Carolina. Very pretty car (on the
outside). Unfortunately I didn't get a ride in it.

Chris
92BB&T

Old August 25th 05, 03:56 PM
Iva

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Did get to see and sit in a preproduction model at the Miatas at the Gap a
> month ago or so. I was told Mazda flew it in just for this event. They

lent
> it to the pres of the miata club of North Carolina. Very pretty car (on

the
> outside). Unfortunately I didn't get a ride in it.

Mazda provided two of the 2006 models for DelVal's event at Pocono at the
beginning of August - these were prototypes I'm told - one was titanium and
the other blue. They're slightly wider, longer and heavier. The one thing
that most of us did not like about them was that it doesn't appear there's
any easy way to install a roll bar with the way the top folds down behind
the seats. Plus there was this really shiny panel on the dash by the
glovebox that reflected light right into your eyes. And there's less leg
room in the passenger side than previous models due to a "lump" coming off
the side of the tranny tunnel.

I didn't get to drive one either.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old August 25th 05, 09:01 PM

M. Cantera wrote:
> Try these guys:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4571155890

Does that one actually have a chrome winshield frame???? Looks like a
Crossfire.

Old August 25th 05, 09:16 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Curt wrote:

> So who's driven/ordered the 2006?

It's not as pretty as a Mk1...or even a Mk2 :-(
Old August 25th 05, 10:43 PM
John Carpenter

A local dealer in Orlando, FL received 18 of them last Tuesday (8/16) and
all were gone by last Thursday (8/18). They got them because they are the
largest Miata dealer in the country - Cory Fairbanks. By the time I found
out they had them and got there (65 miles), all that was left was brochures.
As a matter of interest, they all went out at MSRP - all of the other local
dealers received 1 to 3 units and have an "Adjusted Market Value" of
$3000 - $4500 tacked on.

Old August 26th 05, 12:40 AM
Leon van Dommelen

>M. Cantera wrote:
>> Try these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4571155890

>Does that one actually have a chrome winshield frame???? Looks like a
>Crossfire.

Looks like aluminum. And chrome only looks good on white Miatas anyway.

At least it has a triangulated strut brace, not a pipe supported
by air.

I wonder whether it still has a closed torsion-bar type transmission
tunnel. I told them to do that years ago,
http://tinyurl.com/dwekr
and in 2001 Mazda finally smelled the coffee, (heck, even Flyin Miata
is doing it now), but I wonder how long it will take until they figure
out that it increases dealer labor on transmission work.

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)