Selling on e-Bay

Old July 22nd 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

Default Selling on e-Bay

I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.

Thanks,
Steve

Old July 22nd 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Esteban wrote:
> I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
> I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

People do it everyday, but how many newbs get burned everyday ? Just
learn about what you're doing before you do it.

--

Perhaps a metaphor might help:

1. Your emails are like sperm, ready to dash out and do their thing.
2. Your ISP is a prick.
3. APEWS is a condom.
4. We are innocent maidens who do not like surprises.
5. You are asking for one teeny hole in the rubber.

You'll have to get us drunk first. - Hey Bub
Old July 22nd 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> Esteban wrote:
>> I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
>> I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

> People do it everyday, but how many newbs get burned everyday ? Just
> learn about what you're doing before you do it.

Thanks for the response WindsorFox, that's why I posted the question.
Any ideas on how to keep from getting burned? Is eBay a good route to take
to get a good price?
Steve

Old July 22nd 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jonezzzman[_2_]

Esteban wrote:
> "WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
>> Esteban wrote:
>>> I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
>>> I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

>> People do it everyday, but how many newbs get burned everyday ? Just
>> learn about what you're doing before you do it.

> Thanks for the response WindsorFox, that's why I posted the question.
> Any ideas on how to keep from getting burned? Is eBay a good route to take
> to get a good price?
> Steve

Selling on ebay is a good route to go if you want to get your car in
front of millions people and thousands of potential buyers. However,
selling on e-bay and doing well is definitely a strategy. You can't
learn it over night. It takes alot of research and dedication to do
well. A couple years back, I did quite a bit of research on Ebay, as I
was considering running an eBay store.

I'd recommend checking out the tutorials that are available on Ebay,
such as: How to take good pictures, what price to begin with, whether
or not to have a reserve, etc. If your selling a car, I'd recommend
posting lots of pictures. The more the better. Also, decide whether
you want to have a reserve price or not. You can draw more bidders by
having no reserve, but that can be risky. However, alot of times
bidders will have bid wars in the last few seconds of an auction and you
can gain thousands in the last few seconds. And, if you can draw more
buyers by having no reserve, thats better for you. Having a very
detailed description is also very helpful and can draw more buyer by the
keywords included in your description.

There's alot to know and alot to learn. Ebay has discussion boards that
can be very helpful. Also, you can research past bids to see what
similar makes, models are selling or sold for. You might also consider
paying someone to list the car for you. Someone who has more experience
listing lots of cars, might get a higher selling price. Because they
know what works.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Byron
Old July 22nd 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

> Selling on ebay is a good route to go if you want to get your car in front
> of millions people and thousands of potential buyers. However, selling on
> e-bay and doing well is definitely a strategy. You can't learn it over
> night. It takes alot of research and dedication to do well. A couple
> years back, I did quite a bit of research on Ebay, as I was considering
> running an eBay store.
>
> I'd recommend checking out the tutorials that are available on Ebay, such
> as: How to take good pictures, what price to begin with, whether or not
> to have a reserve, etc. If your selling a car, I'd recommend posting lots
> of pictures. The more the better. Also, decide whether you want to have
> a reserve price or not. You can draw more bidders by having no reserve,
> but that can be risky. However, alot of times bidders will have bid wars
> in the last few seconds of an auction and you can gain thousands in the
> last few seconds. And, if you can draw more buyers by having no reserve,
> thats better for you. Having a very detailed description is also very
> helpful and can draw more buyer by the keywords included in your
> description.
>
> There's alot to know and alot to learn. Ebay has discussion boards that
> can be very helpful. Also, you can research past bids to see what similar
> makes, models are selling or sold for. You might also consider paying
> someone to list the car for you. Someone who has more experience listing
> lots of cars, might get a higher selling price. Because they know what
> works.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Thanks
>
> Byron

Hi Byron,
Thanks for the very informative post.
Looks like I have my work cut out for me today.
Steve

Old July 22nd 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Esteban wrote:

>> There's alot to know and alot to learn. Ebay has discussion boards that
>> can be very helpful. Also, you can research past bids to see what similar
>> makes, models are selling or sold for. You might also consider paying
>> someone to list the car for you. Someone who has more experience listing
>> lots of cars, might get a higher selling price. Because they know what
>> works.
>>
>> Hope that helps!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Byron

> Hi Byron,
> Thanks for the very informative post.
> Looks like I have my work cut out for me today.
> Steve

Personally I'd try Craig's list and local papers first. Just make
sure you don't take a check from a scammer.

Old July 22nd 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
vince garcia

Esteban wrote:

> I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
> I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

As Windsor Fox said, try Craigslist and local papers first. Don't let
the car go unless the seller has cash.

Also, be real careful about test rides with someone, especially if they
show up without a car or don't look right. We had an incident here
recently someone who took a buyer for his 4x4 into the hills for a ride,
and the guy shot him and stole the truck
Old July 22nd 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

"vince garcia" > wrote in message
> Esteban wrote:
>>
>> I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
>> I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

> As Windsor Fox said, try Craigslist and local papers first. Don't let
> the car go unless the seller has cash.
>
> Also, be real careful about test rides with someone, especially if they
> show up without a car or don't look right. We had an incident here
> recently someone who took a buyer for his 4x4 into the hills for a ride,
> and the guy shot him and stole the truck

Thanks to all who responded.
This is a great group.
Steve

Old July 23rd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Esteban wrote:
> "vince garcia" > wrote in message
>> Esteban wrote:
>>> I have a really nice '05 Mustang GT conv. I would like to sell outright.
>>> I would appreacate any and all input about selling the car on e-Bay.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

>> As Windsor Fox said, try Craigslist and local papers first. Don't let
>> the car go unless the seller has cash.
>>
>> Also, be real careful about test rides with someone, especially if they
>> show up without a car or don't look right. We had an incident here
>> recently someone who took a buyer for his 4x4 into the hills for a ride,
>> and the guy shot him and stole the truck

> Thanks to all who responded.
> This is a great group.
> Steve

Just wait til the moon gets full....

Old July 23rd 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

Selling My XJ M. E. Bye Jeep 0 April 24th 05 03:07 PM
Selling My '87 CRX HF :( White Buffalo Honda 1 April 19th 05 11:29 PM
Are you selling your car? John W General 0 October 3rd 04 08:21 PM
Are you selling your car? John W 4x4 0 October 3rd 04 08:20 PM
Are you selling your car? Dave Corvette 2 September 26th 04 10:43 PM