8th Annual Saturn Performance Club Summer Rally 7/27-31

Old March 11th 05, 04:26 AM
Kevin M. Keller

Default 8th Annual Saturn Performance Club Summer Rally 7/27-31

The Saturn Performance Club is proud to announce our 8th Annual Summer
Rally July 27th through the 31st.

Unlike some of our past Rallies, we'll spend the entire event at one
hotel in Joliet, IL.

This year's events include Drag racing (both test & tune and bracket
racing), Dyno testing, and a Lapping day at the new Autobahn Country
Club. We'll end the week by crewing & spectating for the SPC / GF Racing
'94 SC2 ITA car.

For more information, including costs and preperation information, and to
register, please visit http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com/rally.html

Why should YOU attend the Rally?

1 ). It is the first, and largest Saturn oriented performance gathering
in the country. Now in our eigth year, we know how to make the Rally both
fun and affordable for our attendees.
2 ). Unlike previous Rally's that required cross country drives from
facility to facility, this year all the events are within an easy drive
of each other. Stay at the same hotel every night and get comfortable.
3 ). Be among the first to drive the all-new Autobahn Country Club.
Beautiful, brand new asphalt, fantastic technical sections and great
attention to safety make this track truly memborable.
4 ). On most local drag strip test and tune nights, you are lucky to get
3 or 4 runs in and end up paying $20-30 For only $40 at the Rally you get
private use of the facility for 3 hours. Most participants typically make
more than 20 passes, and the highest recorded number currently stands at
28. If you are serious about having fun at the drag strip, there is no
better value.
5 ). Typical dyno shops see V8's, imports or the odd drag race car. Roll
in there with a Saturn and watch them scratch their head as they try to
figure out how to safely and properly test your vehicle. The SPC has
been testing with the experts at TMW dyno for 6 years and logged hundreds
of runs on dozens of Saturns. For only $75 they will safely and properly
test your car. With full data acquisition and wideband O2 available,
they are the premier Saturn dyno tuning facility.
6 ). If your schedule allows you to stay for the SPC/GF Racing qualifying
and race you are in for a rare treat. Most SCCA races are closed to
spectators, but we have added additional guests to our list to allow you
to see the inner workings of the 2003 SCCA's Central Division Improved
Touring Championship Team. From pre-qualifying car prepration and setup
to the excitement of wheel to wheel racing, you get to see it all up
close and personal.
7 ). The discount that applies to all fees paid by SPC Senior members is
enough to pay for your Senior membership, so now's the time to upgrade
your member status for no extra cost
8 ). You get to meet and interact with folks who have been tuning and
racing Saturns for nearly 10 years. This is no flash in the pan "club".
We are serious about Saturn performance and look forward to sharing our
enthusiasm and knowledge with you!

On behalf of the Rally Committee, and the Board of Directors, we look
forward to seeing you there. (yes - YOU)
--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com
Old March 12th 05, 12:46 PM
marx404

Wow sounds great! too bad it's in IL though too far from FL. I look fwd to
seeing some pics on the Saturn Performance website in the near future.

marx404

Old March 13th 05, 01:43 AM
Lane

We've had people from Florida join us for the Rally before. I think "too
far" is a relative term.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com