Top down!

Old March 8th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Top down!

82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving with
the top up.....

I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down..
here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.

Old March 8th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight,

<---{ LOL }--->

Damn You...
--
.. .

Old March 8th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Remove This" > wrote:

>> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight,

> <---{ LOL }--->
>
> Damn You...

Would it help if I said I was sorry? Didn't think so, besides, I
wouldn't mean it anyway! Hehehehe...
Old March 8th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

XS11E wrote:
> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving

with
> the top up.....
>
> I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down..
> here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.

Sure, rub it in, why don't ya. It's 20F here and we got another inch
of snow yesterday.

Iva & a very cold Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.) turning blue with the cold
#3 winkin' Miata

Old March 8th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

XS11E wrote:
> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving with
> the top up.....
>
> I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down..
> here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.

You had your top UP? Wassamada you? I have my top down at least a couple
of times nearly every month. It is amazing what living half of your
adult life in Alaska will do for you. One big thing is that any
temperature above freezing when it isn't actually precipitating on you
starts to look like top-down weather (even if you do have the heater
running full blast).

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old March 8th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mark[_13_]

On Mar 8, 11:22 am, XS11E > wrote:
> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving with
> the top up.....
>
> I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down..
> here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.

My wife convinced me that we'd need a hard top for our Miata because
she didn't really want to hassle with the convertible during the long
winters, but just a couple of days ago I realized the really bad part
of a hard top. We had a brief foray into nice weather for a day and
I'm sitting at work ready for a great drive home, but the hard top was
on! Grrrr. It's time to take it off and just put the top up.

-- Mark

"nothing better than a black '97!"

Old March 8th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:
> "Remove This" > wrote:
>

>>>82F today, no sign of rain in sight,

>><---{ LOL }--->
>>
>>Damn You...

> Would it help if I said I was sorry? Didn't think so, besides, I
> wouldn't mean it anyway! Hehehehe...

Literally perfect weather here today too, probably 75 degrees and sunny.

I told the boss to screw off and went for a LONG and spirited drive down
Lime Creek Road and back. Chris D. knows what I'm talking about if he is
still haunting this newsgroup.
Tomorrow does not look good for work either, but I will have to pay for
the gas eventually I guess.......

Don't worry, both me and XS11E will be paying for this nice weather soon
when every metal part of the car that we touch gives us third-degree burns.
I think that some of my skin is still attached to the black metal voodoo
shift knob from August of last summer..... ;-)

Pat
Old March 8th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Mark wrote:

> My wife convinced me that we'd need a hard top for our Miata because
> she didn't really want to hassle with the convertible during the long
> winters, but just a couple of days ago I realized the really bad part
> of a hard top. We had a brief foray into nice weather for a day and
> I'm sitting at work ready for a great drive home, but the hard top was
> on! Grrrr. It's time to take it off and just put the top up.
>
> -- Mark
>
> "nothing better than a black '97!"

That is what appeals to me so much about the folding retractable hardtop
for the NC, never needing to take it off of the car when the weather
turns from bad to nice during the day.
Also, never worrying about storing it, whether on the road or not.

I just wish that it was somehow available for the NA and NB, but that
wish will never come true.

Pat
Old March 8th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
The Invisible Man

pws wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
>> My wife convinced me that we'd need a hard top for our Miata because
>> she didn't really want to hassle with the convertible during the long
>> winters, but just a couple of days ago I realized the really bad part
>> of a hard top. We had a brief foray into nice weather for a day and
>> I'm sitting at work ready for a great drive home, but the hard top was
>> on! Grrrr. It's time to take it off and just put the top up.
>>
>> -- Mark
>>
>> "nothing better than a black '97!"

> That is what appeals to me so much about the folding retractable hardtop
> for the NC, never needing to take it off of the car when the weather
> turns from bad to nice during the day.
> Also, never worrying about storing it, whether on the road or not.
>
> I just wish that it was somehow available for the NA and NB, but that
> wish will never come true.
>
> Pat

Picking up our coupé tomorrow after work - about the time heavy rain is
forecast in Chelmsford UK.
I'll be sad to lose our 2002 because now it will take 12 seconds to drop
or raise the roof instead of about 2 seconds which can be done whenever
traffic stops. Can't wait for the aircon though. Our 2002 doesn't have
it and when it is hot and wet it is really uncomfortable.

At the risk of being really seriously flamed has anyone tried taking a
coupé through a carwash? Our 2002 is silver which doesn't need washing
too often but the coupé is dark (stormy in the UK) blue and with UK
weather being really variable and the car being used every day it is
going to take a lot of cleaning.
Old March 8th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

John McGaw > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving
>> with the top up.....
>>
>> I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down..
>> here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.
>>

> You had your top UP? Wassamada you?

It was raining or threatening to do so for several weeks and my tonneau
cover isn't very waterproof. It was also below 80F and we all know
human life cannot exist below that temperature.